Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Mustang GT's are shipping.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 04:27 PM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

That great news! I bet you '11 guys are excited to hear that!

Here's to hoping there are no major issues with the new motor.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:02 PM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
Great, can't wait for the next two months to shape up so I can see if any of the first cars have issues, and if so Ford can fix them before I order mine.
That guy who went to the dragstrip was just one of those people who wanted to be like, "I was the first in the world that was not a journalist to run a 2011 GT at the dragstrip." Whoopee.
Instead of looking like a fool who couldn't drive at the down hill running, fast track that's Cecil, maybe he should of concentrated on learning how to launch and shift the car during the first thousand or so miles of break in first. :LOL:
Typical response from the haters about the cecil county dragway. Im guessing you are no where near the track and mad you cannot run your car there? Maybe the main reason people run fast there is because its basically at sea level.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by branman1
Typical response from the haters about the cecil county dragway. Im guessing you are no where near the track and mad you cannot run your car there? Maybe the main reason people run fast there is because its basically at sea level.
Not a hater of Cecil at all.
A fan actually.
Just stating the facts of the track.
It does run downhill, and yes it's basically sea level and on good days can have DA's well below that.
Running slightly downhill and below sea level DA's = fast times.
But this guy I referenced in the thread clearly couldn't drive cuz he got neither at a track known for fast ET's and traps (like ATCO and Sacramento too).
Old 04-30-2010, 01:31 AM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Oh and Gene, one of my local Ford dealers (Galpin Ford, the largest in the country) has 49 2011 Mustangs (GT500's, GT's and V6's) listed on their website already. Complete with VIN #'s and everything.
So I think they have more than just shipped as of a day or so ago, but they are at dealers already.
I saw a white V6 on the freeway coming back from Willow Springs on Sunday too.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:51 AM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

No worries man. I just hate the people that jump on and start complaining about how cecil is downhill and all. Its so slight you really cant even say its downhill but people will complain and complain that its downhill and its unfair. Its usually the people that cant run at that track.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Nice! So I should run into one on the road soon.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I have yet to see any 6speed manual GTs available for sale at the dealerships around here. They're all automatics. Problem with the manual trans?
Old 04-30-2010, 03:51 PM
anderman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05gtdriver
I have yet to see any 6speed manual GTs available for sale at the dealerships around here. They're all automatics. Problem with the manual trans?
my local dealer has a kona blue gt with a manual transmission and pretty much every other option available.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05gtdriver
No problems I'm sure, it's just 95% of all cars sold in the U.S. are autos now.
I'll be honest, my two 335i's were the first auto performance cars I bought.
But it was a sweet auto. Fast shifting, paddles, and geared a bit lower than the manuals so the autos are a bit faster.

Ford has said they got the best time in the 2011 GT with the autos too, but I wonder if that's was against a 3.73 geared manual, or base manual vs base auto.

I know paddles on the Mustang would be out of place, but if they did and the auto was as good as the auto in the 335i, I'd probably cave and get an auto too. Driving a stick in LA traffic can suck big time.
But nothing like a manual for pure driving and complete control. DCT's are close, but still have issues with reliability when modded.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:10 PM
wmdspalmer
1st Gear Member

I can't wait to drive a new 11' GT and A V-6. From what it looks like, Ford has done well with these new cars. You can't beat the feel of driving a muscle car with stick. Maybe tomarrow I will just do a simple drive by the Ford dealer and see if they have any 11's on the lot. Hmmmm...that could be hard to resist!

Will

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang GT's are shipping.