Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WhippleMe

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Chainsaw

Your car is going to own.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:58 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Let me get this straight, your bolting on 550hp to a stock bottom end and a stock clutch....i smell big trouble if that's your decision.. At least get "spec" clutch and replace the stock drive-shaft if you haven't already...
Old 05-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Galactic
1st Gear Member

Again the frpp tune is pretty conservative. The people that have trouble are those that get other tunes and try to push it to the limits. Yes I'll need a clutch at some point. I have no fear of blowing the bottom end
Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 AM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

i just had my frpp whipple installed yesterday. it took us 2 days. my kit # is M-6066-M11P7. ford says it's the 550 h.p. kit but it has 3.375 pulley. anyways it is bad*ss. i have not got on it yet cause i dont have my gauges. it is a whole different animal. my gta's were kind a mellow before and now it really sounds and feels like a race car. i am going to have it dynoed and see where i am at and go from there. as far as the clutch i will wait till i need it replaced. bottem end, well, just hope i got a good one!!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Galactic
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07vbluestang
i just had my frpp whipple installed yesterday. it took us 2 days. my kit # is M-6066-M11P7. ford says it's the 550 h.p. kit but it has 3.375 pulley. anyways it is bad*ss. i have not got on it yet cause i dont have my gauges. it is a whole different animal. my gta's were kind a mellow before and now it really sounds and feels like a race car. i am going to have it dynoed and see where i am at and go from there. as far as the clutch i will wait till i need it replaced. bottem end, well, just hope i got a good one!!
Congrats! What was the tricky parts? Tips?

I have to wait for the new actuator to come in since it was busted off the bracket when it arrived. If it gets here this week it will be installed this weekend. I also have a flat to deal with, hopefully I can get it to the dealer Monday to fix that.
I have a aeroforce gauge in a roush ventpod once I get it installed.