Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost Brothers LT headers...stay away??

Old 04-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

Man after reading about all these steering shaft rubbing issues I actually feel lucky now. The only fitment issue for me with the Boost Brothers was the rubbing on the drivers frame rail which would rattle out of control. I had that fixed by a muffler shop they welded a hanger onto the collector to keep the thing off the frame. Anyways just saying....good luck with them. They sound real good though I love hearing the exhaust pulses now and the new found scream at high rpm WOT.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:50 AM
jawsgt
2nd Gear Member

i bought a set of them then sold them for this killer deal on my stainless works. y doesnt anyone talk about stainless works? they fit absolutely awesome. there like they came from the factory with them.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:02 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lupo222
they sell BBK replica headers
Whoa whoa wwhoa whoa whoa.... Let me stop you there. I have put in multiple sets for people of the BBKs. I run them on my car, my mom on hers, and we both recomend them to people. Having isntalled them myself, there fitment is PERFECT. And there quality to price is one of the best in the buisness. Same goes with the customer support!

Sorry you had such a bad experience. The REAL BBKs were not that much more money, and you would not have had this issue.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:08 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
there is one guy that had good luck with them fitting.

there is a reason why the top of the line headers cost more. and if you dont know, you better aks somebody.

Kooks or ARH, or

getting tired of seeing crap like this, its very misleading and breads a elitist atmosphere that makes newbs spend much more then they need to..

Mac, BBK, Hell even the new Pypes... Very good products at half the price. LOTS of forum members run them with no problems, myself included. People need to stop with this if it isn't kooks or ARH, then there all as bad as boost brothers.

That said, even a small amount of research and you would not have bought those Boost Brothers. There the most notoriously bad ones on the market.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Well, originally, I was going to do the install myself while I was home on leave, but when the company I ordered my BBKs from didn't deliver on time (cough cough Brothers Performance cough cough) for me do the install myself, I had to try to save some money in order to pay for an install here around base. I got it done myself anyways. Kinda sucked. But Oh well.

JD, when I said they were BBK replicas, I'm just quoting their sight. Ive heard good things about BBKs as well.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Actually, JD, I did quite a bit of research on Boost Brothers and everyone here said they have some issues "but its been resolved" and thats the same thing Boost Brothers told me. I read the post about the guy who notched his steering shaft a while back. Thats been "solved" according to BB, but it hadn't been.

Again, I am HAPPY with my results. It wasn't that bad. But it wasn't what they promised. That was my point. And their Customer Service SUCKED whcih is the biggest reason Im posting this.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:52 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Im wondering if they just sent you a Rev1 to clear there inventory before shipping the rest of there Rev2s.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

sounds about right...
Old 05-01-2010, 01:48 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
getting tired of seeing crap like this, its very misleading and breads a elitist atmosphere that makes newbs spend much more then they need to..

Mac, BBK, Hell even the new Pypes... Very good products at half the price. LOTS of forum members run them with no problems, myself included. People need to stop with this if it isn't kooks or ARH, then there all as bad as boost brothers.

That said, even a small amount of research and you would not have bought those Boost Brothers. There the most notoriously bad ones on the market.
Totally agree............my pypes fit perfect, no issues at all.

patrick
Old 05-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I had the Borla XR-1's on my 07gt and they fit awesome!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boost Brothers LT headers...stay away??