Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost Brothers LT headers...stay away??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Default Boost Brothers LT headers...stay away??

Ok, so I just installed the Boost Brothers LTs, the newest ones, that were supposed to have been corrected of the steering shaft issue, and the frame rub.

Let me just say they aren't. Flat out. In order of them to fit around the shaft, they had to be heated up and indented in order to clear the shaft. It was a pain in the *** to install them on the drivers side. The passengers side went smoothly though.

Also, they rub on the frame a little bit on my drivers side. Thats not such a big deal to me. Doesn't make any extra noise or anything. Just a pain.

And lastly, when installing the X-pipe they provided, it did not align with the stock exhaust at all. Again, not a huge problem, but an inconvience none-the-less.

They sound decent. Raspy as all hell with my magnaflow axlebacks. Going to either move the mufflers in front of the axle to try to eliminate this, or wait to install the cams to see if it clears it up.

All in all, spend the extra money and stay away from Boost Brothers. They FLAT OUT lied to me. And their customer service is TERRIBLE. Good luck getting any word from them after you pay, regardless of what its about.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Who is "Boost Brothers"? I've never heard of them ha. You should have just went with some Kooks or ARH.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Who is "Boost Brothers"? I've never heard of them ha. You should have just went with some Kooks or ARH.
They're all over Ebay.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
They're all over Ebay.
I've never bought parts off ebay so I guess I wouldn't know.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

they sell BBK replica headers. Very cheap...$280 for the headers and the xpipe. Great quality...good welds, good material, but some fitment issues.

Is the overall price savings worth the hassle of the install? Thats for the owner to determine. I happen to think it was worth it. However, they aren't what they were promised to be. Still, they sound awesome and I can feel the power gains...well, not really, i installed them teh same time as the 4.10s so thats probably mostly what im feeling lol
Old 04-30-2010, 06:18 PM
ronniegibson1978
2nd Gear Member

i actually do have the boost brothers headers.. and have had them for quite a year...the headers didn't make your car raspy..its the or/h and having the mufflers at the rear of the car. i have went through this with my bassani's. only problem i've had with the headers is the steering linkage. i've drove the car so much now after the installation, that its wore a ring out around the linkage now its pretty smooth, but i cant complain for $200 tho.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:42 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
They're all over Ebay.
Problem 1!

Originally Posted by Lupo222
they sell BBK replica headers. Very cheap...$280 for the headers and the xpipe......
Problem 2!

ARH all the way!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

in regards to the frame rubbing...would it be possible to heat them up with a torch and bend them 1/4-1/2" away from the frame?

sorry to hear about the issue man. I want headers myself, and the Boost Bro's seem a decent way to do it...but I have yet to hear a single person who hasn't had an issue
Old 04-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Like I said, there were issues. There are issues with every set of LT's i've ever had. Some bigger than others. Are these ones MAJOR issues? Not really. I had a set of Hookers back in the day that sat right next to the starter and heated it up so badly that I had to replace the thing after 2 weeks. That was a major issue.

For the price of $280, the combo is great. I hated the customer service...reminded me of a basement operation that started doing more business than they could handle and they just said "screw you" after they got your money.

But anyway, I don't think you need to heat it up to get it off the frame. It's not causing a problem yet. And I doubt you could heat it up to bend it because its right at the collector where the headers go 4 to 1 so it'd be a big piece of steel to bend. Maybe you could pry it back, wedge a block or something in there to keep it in place and then weld a hanger in there or something to keep it off the frame? Seems like too much work for me for something that isn't a serious problem yet...

So, all that being said, I say go for the boost brothers but be prepared to make your knuckles bleed and make sure you have a full day or two that you can have the car down.

(p.s. I installed aftermarket motor mounts as well in hopes this would alleviate some of the problem...it didn't. But I think stock motor mounts would have made it much worse...)
Old 04-30-2010, 10:34 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

there is one guy that had good luck with them fitting.

there is a reason why the top of the line headers cost more. and if you dont know, you better aks somebody.

Kooks or ARH, or

Quick Reply: Boost Brothers LT headers...stay away??