Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No compressor, SJB shorted and more...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:50 PM
red96v6
2nd Gear Member

Default No compressor, SJB shorted and more...

2007 GT
Ok so for the last 2 years, my A/C has not worked. I have a very busy schedule, work and school both full time, so I cant leave it at the dealership forever.

When the problem first started, I took it in. At this time, the problem was the CCM(Climate Control Module) was burned out. Dealer installed a new one, which instantly burned out. Replaced it with another new one.

After this, everything seemed to work fine. Except no cold air.

So I bring it in again, and this time the PCM gets replaced. Now everything seems to be working good. A/C blows cold, every thing is good.

Month or two later, no cold air again. And this time no hazard lights either. No time to take it in ( they wanted me to drop it off for at least two weeks before they could even get to it), so it stays like this for a year.

Few weeks ago, took it back in. They say some relay controlling the lights is out, not replaced because warranty doesnt cover it. Say no cold air because the compressor relay is out. This gets replaced under warranty, but cost me 100 because of the deductible. They say everything is working perfectly, and call me to pick it up.

I pick it up, drive off to the college a few miles away. Still no cold air. So I go back to the dealer.

They look at it for a few more hours, the say they are going to call Ford Engineers. But I have to go to class.

So I dropped it off again last Tuesday. They were talking to the engineers, who said the SJB shorted out, and that this was the cause of everything. So a new one is ordered and installed.

Doesnt change anything. Techs dont know what to do, engineers dont know what to do.

What the hell is wrong? This is getting ridiculous and Im starting to get really pissed... Cars not even three years old, its had this problem for 2 years, and been at the dealership for at least 3 months altogether.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 PM
red96v6
2nd Gear Member

Oh yeah, also forgot to say that there is no sign what so ever of the water leak issue. No drips, no smell, no dampness at all, even underneath the carpet...
Old 04-30-2010, 11:00 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Well...assuming it's not the leak...

It sounds like your options are:
1) Different dealership
2) Look into lemon laws in your area or see what your options are with something like the BBB Auto division, Ford Buy Back program, etc.

Seriously, if you have all your documentation and it's been worked on several times and it's still not fixed, you most-likely have a decent case for lemon law or buy back. The only thing that worries me is the amount of time at this point, but...you may get lucky as depending on the way you go, the clock stops ticking with the first documented occurrence of the problem.

That really sucks that they just don't seem to know what to do, and don't seem to care about getting to the bottom of it. One more thing: what is the deal with a deductible on a warranty claim?? Never heard of that one before...

Last edited by HypromanGT; 04-30-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: I heart spelling!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:09 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

They are replacing instead of diagnosing.
Thats costly.
They need to buy a Ford Workshop Manual or use the online one
and follow the flow charts like Ford wants them to do.
Finding a good mechanic at a dealership is a joke because
they dont pay well enough to keep them.
Its even rarer to find someone who can do the electrical
side of these new computerized vehicles.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 PM
red96v6
2nd Gear Member

Its on the extended warranty now. Apparently there is a $150 deductible for any claims. First Ive ever heard of it.

There are 6 steps that must be met for the compressor to turn on, and apparently its meeting all of those, but still no A/C...

More days gone by, they still have no clue...

I emailed a lemon lawyer, no reply. I think the car is too old now.