Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Mods (wheel hop gone)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:36 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

If you use the relocation brackets and move the LCA down, you get roll OVERsteer, not UNDERsteer. I can tell a huge difference between the upper and lower holes on my J&M relocation brackets. On the lower hole, I can do power slides with very little throttle addition when cornering at the limit. With the upper hole, it takes much more throttle to get the rear to come out. The only way you will feel the difference is if you take corners at the limit of grip. I also have sway bars which are set to full stiff in the rear which add to the oversteer condition. Your car may still have so much understeer from the stock setup that the lca relocation won't be noticeable to you. Just beware, oversteer is hard to control especially if you don't expect it. Understeer is much easier to control which is why manufactures design cars with tons of understeer from the factory.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 PM
90stang5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
If you use the relocation brackets and move the LCA down, you get roll OVERsteer, not UNDERsteer. I can tell a huge difference between the upper and lower holes on my J&M relocation brackets. On the lower hole, I can do power slides with very little throttle addition when cornering at the limit. With the upper hole, it takes much more throttle to get the rear to come out. The only way you will feel the difference is if you take corners at the limit of grip. I also have sway bars which are set to full stiff in the rear which add to the oversteer condition. Your car may still have so much understeer from the stock setup that the lca relocation won't be noticeable to you. Just beware, oversteer is hard to control especially if you don't expect it. Understeer is much easier to control which is why manufactures design cars with tons of understeer from the factory.
Good info, thank you. I am VERY happy using the upper holes. It does not squat down on acceleration and still handles fine for me. It is my daily driver, so I needed a compromise, but HAD to stop the wheel hop. Also, the lower holes looked like the LCA was way too close to the pavement for my tastes. Ed