Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheelhop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:53 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

just to give you a hand, here are a few options.
http://www.brenspeed.com/tca019.html
are cheap and better then stock

http://www.brenspeed.com/tca027.html
considerably more expensive, but very stiff, however still poly ends on both sides

http://www.spohn.net/shop/2005-2008-...oly-Combo.html
are a street/strip option. Middle of the price range, more rigid then both, but a little harder to set up.

There are other companies as well, but those linked have proven to be reliable. If you end up going for a UCA, the CHE upper is very nice. I like that one better then most as the adjuster is much longer and easier to adjust on car then most.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 PM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

+ that JD the BMR's are a nice piece for N/A and cheap. What I have seen is folks installing spherical bearing ends and they spend 99% of the time on the street.
the spherical ends can be harsh great for the track. For the folks that have lowered the ride and have not made the 3 link componet swap Panhard adjustable UCA adjustable you U need to read up and listen up. The rear end is sprung up and the pinion is off and the factory bushings in the mentioned parts are on the way out!

TW
Old 05-03-2010, 08:45 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by T.Wayne
the spherical ends can be harsh great for the track
I chose my words carefully. Theres a bad stigma around the spericals. So long as you have poly on the body side and know how to properly set up your sperical side, you should not have any complaints. I run the combos with boxed subframe connectors, relocation brackets, and lowering spring. Mine makes no noise over stock
Old 05-03-2010, 10:12 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

I've about had it with my wheelhop... I've got about 200 squeaks and rattles now due to the constant hopping..

I won't lower the Stang... so I don't want to drop the LCAs.... So I need to either (1) up horse power significantly so wheelspeed is so great hop isn't an issue or (2) get another UCA... :P
Old 05-03-2010, 10:29 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Hey robs, I see in your sig you have the J&M LCAs as well. I added them and they didn't seem to do jack for the wheel hop problem. I might try the GT500 LCAs or something. The J&M's added gear whine to the cabin as well. I have the relocation brackets with the J&M's and I still get wheelhop on occasion.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lupo222
Also, does the LCA affect my traction when shifting, or just on the initial launch?? Because this car tends to face the car in the lane next to me when shifting into 2nd!!
It can if you're shifting a bit harder than necessary in normal driving. Briefly, the rear tires go back to having no axle torque applied to them before getting suddenly hit again with it.

An upshift that's harsh enough to chirp the tires (or worse) isn't too much different from a hard (but less than all-out hard) launch. There is some sudden rearward load transfer, the LCAs will see a shock load, and there will be a significant rear suspension anti-squat effect happening.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 05-04-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:01 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by robs
I've about had it with my wheelhop... I've got about 200 squeaks and rattles now due to the constant hopping..
Same here, although mine is probably more related to the horrid street conditions. Guess I'll get another couple thousand till the interior starts falling apart.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

If your lowered then an adj panhard bar should be on your lis of stuff to get
for wheel hop LCA's fixed the issue for me

now I've added Reloc brackets and an UCA no wheel hop whats so ever
Old 05-04-2010, 10:33 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
Hey robs, I see in your sig you have the J&M LCAs as well. I added them and they didn't seem to do jack for the wheel hop problem. I might try the GT500 LCAs or something. ... snip ...
I thought the same thing and stuck the factory LCA back on... %^$# it was friggin 100 times WORSE!!!! So the J&M helps... but it's still there, there with a passion... but a LOT better than factory....
Old 05-05-2010, 02:38 AM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by robs
I thought the same thing and stuck the factory LCA back on... %^$# it was friggin 100 times WORSE!!!! So the J&M helps... but it's still there, there with a passion... but a LOT better than factory....
BMR poly urathane/ spherical combo non adjustable LCA's will fix your problem. They sure the hell fixed mine. And im with JD if your spherical bearings are in correct they are quiet.

Quick Reply: Wheelhop?