Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I get to join the "I just in an accident" club

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:44 PM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Angry I get to join the "I just in an accident" club

Seems like there have been alot of these threads lately and I guess I was getting jealous... NOT!

I just got through putting the GT500 Fuel Pump last night and decided to take the car to work today since it has been several weeks since I drove the Stang. Went out to run errands at lunch.

I was in the left turn lane. My light turns green, I begin to pull out into the intersection. Out of the corner of my eye I see a truck coming through the intersection. I immediately put my brakes on to avoid getting any further into the intersection. The truck was in the far right hand lane (closest to me) and slammed on his brakes. He ended up hitting the very front driver side of my Mustang, probably only going 15 mph or so.

Once the police released the scene drove straight to a body shop that I have used in the past for some painting on my truck and got a quote. $1800 worth of damage. I need a new Bumper, headlight, driver side fender and some miscellaneous other parts.

Luckily the driver of the other vehicle took full responsibility and I have already contacted his company. He was driving a company pickup truck. His company said they will be taking care of it. They are going to send out an adjuster to access the damage.

Big question, like everybody else is this club, do I go with a different front fascia or stick with the GT frontend? I have been throwing around the idea of either a Roush, Steeda Competition Facia or Cervinis C Series. The other option I like is the GT500 but that requires alot of other parts.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:55 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I would definitely upgrade with a different front fascia! My brother upgraded his front fascia on his BMW when somebody wrecked into his car. The insurance company never even billed him for the difference in the price for the upgrade, so he got it for FREE. He LUCKED OUT!! =-)
I personally like the cervinis C series.
Good luck w/ your decistion.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:03 PM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

I like that one as well but I want to lower the car with the Steeda Sports and I don't want the hassle of always worrying about hitting things with the low front end. Anybody have the Steeda Sport springs on their mustang with the C Series fascia? How far above the ground is the bottom of the bumber?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:07 PM
ResQman
2nd Gear Member

Are you sure your front Axle is not pooched? From the picture it looks wrecked.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Blue GT Mustang
2nd Gear Member

How about the California Special bumper? You wouldn't have to worry about dragging on anything and the rest of your stock front end parts would still fit.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:52 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Roush - Definitely!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:13 PM
wusthof
2nd Gear Member

definitely upgrade if you can!! I tried when I needed new covers, but the CS is so much more expensive than the $270 GT fr bumper cover. I think Ford wanted like $6-700!! Fawking ridiculous. I need a back one, and I'm gunna try again, but I think I'm gunna be s.o.l. again
Old 05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Must be a black thing(lol). I got rid of my 2005 black GT after getting it rear ended by a novice driver. The Ford dealer where I bought it made the repairs & it was perfect, but it was always in the back of my mind......anyhow, Steeda springs, mean Steedas front bumper IMO
Old 05-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

you are already 1/2 way to the GT500 conversion

hood looks creased/pushed over
fender
headlight
bumper/upper cover

The GT500 parts are just slightly more expensive than the GT stuff. You'd have to buy a Passenger headlight out of pocket and the GT500 fogs (if you want them) and the GT500 grille.

the bumpers and drivers head would be pretty much paid for from the accident.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:41 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
you are already 1/2 way to the GT500 conversion

hood looks creased/pushed over
fender
headlight
bumper/upper cover

The GT500 parts are just slightly more expensive than the GT stuff. You'd have to buy a Passenger headlight out of pocket and the GT500 fogs (if you want them) and the GT500 grille.

the bumpers and drivers head would be pretty much paid for from the accident.

very trueee.

Quick Reply: I get to join the "I just in an accident" club