Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detroit Rocker Cam is ordered

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:38 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Default Detroit Rocker Cam is ordered

I pulled the trigger this morning and got them ordered. I just confirmed my installation date on june 1st at brenspeed. So im kind of excited. I hope they run fine with my automatic and 410 gears. Chandler said it would take about 4 hours for the install. I would have them install it sooner but im away for work until the end of the month. So when i fly back from work im going to Moline ILL for a graduation party. Driving back that monday and then tuesday i have to have my car in the brenspeed parking lot when they open for the installation. I maybe a bit tired but it will be worth it. Then my gf and i are going on vacation that weekend for a week. So if there are any bugs. I hope to have them resolved before i leave.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:46 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Congrats!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:27 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by loudnlow
Congrats!
thanks man i cant wait till u get urs installed so i can hear how u like them
Old 05-10-2010, 02:49 PM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

No problems with mine U will love them. 1 Q: what exhaust are U running,

TW
Old 05-10-2010, 02:54 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by T.Wayne
No problems with mine U will love them. 1 Q: what exhaust are U running,

TW

I have stock exhaust. im doing my build in stages. Its a little easier on the pocket book!! What about u what kind of exhaust are u running with them
Old 05-10-2010, 03:07 PM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

I have Pypes Muffler Deletes but I have a O/R H pipe and want to add this and a chambered Muffler to really exploit the cam.Chandlers has the American Thunder series and it sounded great at the shop. Your date the 18th?? I will be up at the shop then getting rearend work done I with U on the $$ doing it in stages. 1 thing that is cool about that when U get a Mod done she just keeps gaining every time!

TW
Old 05-10-2010, 03:24 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Awesome TW!! Im not sure yet what i want to do with the exhaust. I was thinking of getting long tube headers but after that i have no idea. I dont want my car to sound raspy when it decels or to drone on the interstate. I can handle a little bit but i really dont want alot. So im a little lost when it comes to my exhaust. I want that rumble it has now but just a bit louder and deeper. Plus a few hp gains would be great. But im not even sure of the longtubes since there are so many that say there are isnt much gain but the sound. So crap I just dont know. Any suggestions

my date is june 1st i dont get back in town until may 28th
Old 05-10-2010, 03:28 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Dude you are so lucky to have brenspeed close by for the install. I just read hammerons sticky....its quite the intimidating install. Congrats, its gonna be awesome.
Patrick
Old 05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

thanks 808 and yes im certainly happy that brenspeed has the shop here in my home state. Ill have to check out the sticky. Im not real good with wrenches so like u im very intimidated when i see something that looks so complicated. I have thought about doing delete plates myself. I think i could handle that one
Old 05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

The CMDP's Taco Bills write up was on Target and I completed mine in about 2 1/2 hours
and of course I called Dave at Brenspeed and Chandler help with a few Tech Q's.
Yes we are so lucky to have them in our area they are #1 in my book. Any time I have did a install and had any Q's they have been spot on. And I don't want to forget about John and Brent very nice gentlemen. Dave did my Cams and one other thing if you have the cash replace the stock 2 pc spark plugs.I had Dave do these also, replaced them with the Brisk stock heat plug I only had 25000 miles and 2 of the plugs made a attempt to seperate Dave had it under controlled all is fine and don't have to worry about with the 1 pc plug.

TW

Quick Reply: Detroit Rocker Cam is ordered