Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice plz....ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

You were speeding. You got caught. Trooper did his job. If everyone around you was speeding, he obviously couldn't pull them all over, FYL. Pay the ticket, slow down, google map that track and leave the house three hours before it opens.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:23 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Be aware of what you drive and realize that cops, because of it, may single you out. Yes, I think it's stupid to pull over a car designed to maneuver at higher speeds when a car that isn't is driving those same speeds next to it, but this is the reality we live in. I drive a bright red Saleen with tint and aftermarket wheels. Probably one of the more cop-magnety cars in the area. You can bet the only place I get on it is the occasional country road. On the highway I'm usually doing 5-10 less than those other speeders.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:40 AM
bojanglesowner07252
2nd Gear Member

well from now on im gonna be like my grandma and do 5 under in the left lane j/k, but seriously how hard is it to meet with the DA and then discuss getting the ticket fixed so it doesnt show up on my insurance. Also if this does happen, and i pay for it, is there like a time period and then it gets dropped off my record or will it always show up?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bojanglesowner07252
well from now on im gonna be like my grandma and do 5 under in the left lane j/k, but seriously how hard is it to meet with the DA and then discuss getting the ticket fixed so it doesnt show up on my insurance. Also if this does happen, and i pay for it, is there like a time period and then it gets dropped off my record or will it always show up?
you just walk in to the proper department and ask them about paying the full price of the ticket, but having it reduced to a non moving violation. Maybe a no seat belt ticket or something. When they convert it the ticket is never reported to your insurance and doesn't deduct points from your license. There is no time period thing at all. Good luck, and do this BEFORE the first initial due date on the ticket. I would say at least a week in advance. Also remember that tickets are rarely inputted into the system immediately. I've seen up to 2-4 weeks of delay due to lazy employees at the DAs office.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Just be prepared for them to say no, as you're young and they might feel it's the right time for you to learn a lesson. I'm 25 now, and received a speeding ticket when I was 16 (8mph over, 17 (7mph over, and 18 (9mph over or the speed limit depending on how you define "when children are present"). All far enough apart not to affect my license, but I simply learned it just didn't pay to speed. Fortunately, Oregon doesn't run a point system. And yes, they were all in very small towns.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:18 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bojanglesowner07252
get pulled probably cause the dick head trooper was jealous that my stang was way cooler than that lame a$$ charger they gave him.
I really hate to burst your bubble but I highly doubt the trooper was jealous of your 2005 Mustang.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:54 AM
swooshpimp
1st Gear Member

The good ol speeding ticket advice - everybody has there own great opinion. Bottom line it is not the end of the world and as you grow older as long as your aware that any decision you make has its own repercussion and your willing to accept it then it should not be a problem. I once saw a bumper sticker that offered sound advice "Only drive as fast as you can afford" - otherwise follow the speed limit. I have had more than my fair share of speeding tickets - 6 within a year and a half to be exact. Not bragging rights but not the end of the world for me. The biggest one was 120mph in a 65mph. Just relax it could have been worse.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Originally Posted by howarmat
grow ***** and pay the damn thing.....
Originally Posted by onederful100
pay the ticket
keep the mustang
race on the track only
feel lucky that you even have a track that you can drive to, bc where i live we have none.
if i had a track that was 3 hours away, i would drive there.
All good advice. Suck it up, pay up, get a lawyer to see if you can get it deferred, pay attention to where you are in the future. Traffic cops and speed trap cops just LOVE it when you're not paying attention.

And speaking from experience, 12 over in Oklahoma, will cost you almost 200.00 bucks. That was my first ticket in probably 15 years, and I squealed like a pig under a gate because I really, really, believed I was in a 50 mph zone, doing 52... but noooooooooooo. It was a 40. And the cop had little man syndrome. What an ***. Actually asked me to step out of the car AFTER he handed me the ticket. I asked him, Uh? Why? I work for an attorney and I know at this point, I don't have to. He backed down, but until I got snotty back with him, he was a douche. (I don't recommend getting snotty with cops, btw, but after a 10 minute *** chewing I could have lived without, I'd had enough of being polite and nice and answering with Yes Sir, No Sir, No excuse sir...)

But never once did I feel sorry enough for myself to sell my Mustang.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Be aware of what you drive and realize that cops, because of it, may single you out. Yes, I think it's stupid to pull over a car designed to maneuver at higher speeds when a car that isn't is driving those same speeds next to it, but this is the reality we live in. I drive a bright red Saleen with tint and aftermarket wheels. Probably one of the more cop-magnety cars in the area. You can bet the only place I get on it is the occasional country road. On the highway I'm usually doing 5-10 less than those other speeders.
Oh yeah. Regarding my last ticket/brush with the law referenced above, my 06 GT is Torch Red. I was right behind a parade of cars, a Ford truck, a semi, and right behind an Escalade, with soccer mom stickers all over it, and I was maintaining the exact. same. speed. as the rest of the group. Why? Because it was a two lane highway, with no passing zones. I couldn't have busted out and romped on the gas if I'd wanted to.

Guess who got pulled over and read the riot act?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:13 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Like others said just pay the ticket. The ticket may or may not show up on your insurance, but I would do an online traffic course and that way the ticket will not show up. I got a speeding ticket back in Oct. I did an online course and the ticket did not show up. Here is the online course I did: www.idrivesafely.com

Quick Reply: Advice plz....ticket