Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ah Neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:27 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Never had problems but they just need to chillax. Its not like your sitting in your driveway reving at 5am for an hour. They can f-off and learn to deal.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:36 AM
NJBLK07GT
2nd Gear Member

You are not alone. I live in a garden apartment complex and have one of the garages underneath the apartments. Work midnights and take the stang when the weather is nice. I make as little noise as possible and idle out of the complex as much as possible. I had one person complain about my car being too loud, solved that problem real quick. For about a month I backed the stang into the garage instead of pulling it in! (Corsa's and cold start sound real good to me in there!!!!) Guess what...... hasn't said a word after that. Sorry I don't want to drive a whisper quiet minivan like him!!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

My neighbor has a tricked out Hayabusa painted just like a Blue Angel Jet, it's loud as **** and can hear him coming home from a block away. We both love custom machines, and none of our neighbors EVER complain about our "toys". Even my Trans Am that lopes at idle and could wake up the dead, not one complaint.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:37 PM
wingless
2nd Gear Member

My neighborhood is a testing ground for measuring the cacophony created from the intentional dropping of a pin.

It is insanely quiet. When I sneeze, the guy at the end of the block says: "God bless you".

When leaving early / arriving late I keep the rpms low to avoid annoying others (w/ my vehicle noise).
Old 05-19-2010, 02:46 PM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

I like NJ's solution...

The problem is you started out trying to be quiet! Initally, make as much noise as possible, blip the throttle at all up/down shifts, when the inevitable complaints come, THEN be as quiet as possible. They will notice the difference and, hopefully, leave you alone.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:55 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Of course this was the same neighbor that wouldn't invite us to the neighborhood watch meetings and said that having us work on one of our cars in the driveway was a danger to the neighborhood. He would also yell at us for not using an electric lawnmower.

What a fruity ******! LOL!

Solution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9R8JlMI2ZU

LOL!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

No issues here, neighbor on one side owns harley's. Neighbor on the other side owns two really yappy dogs. I did end up complainin to the one with yappy dogs cos she was out of town one weekend, left her windows open and our bedroom is on the same side as her house. I couldn't get any sleep because of her dogs. She's since gotten them trained and I NEVER hear them except for when I'm working outside and even then, only one or two 'Woof's!" and that's it!

Neighbor with the harleys complained once because I had been working on a tile project for several weekends with a bridge tile cutter with 18" ceramic tiles (Loud) and he had a migrane one day. I understood that so I quit for the day.

Most of the neighbors around my neighborhood are early to mid 30's so they're pretty tolerant and most of them keep it down after 9 on weekdays and 11 on weekends. Overall good people.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If they keep it up, be a sport and buy them ear plugs.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:06 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

My neighbors don't have a problem about the noise of my car, they complained about my headlights though. I guess if my car is in my garage, my headlights shine right into the lady that lives behind me bedroom. 6000k 55watt hids are a bit obnoxious I guess, lol.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:07 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Some of you guys are such badasses LOL!

My neighbors don't seem to mind.

Quick Reply: Ah Neighbors