Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ah Neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

I leave the house in the morning at 10 to 6 and the exhaust echos through the complex. I guess they dont say anything because i am bigger than the average human, covered in tattoos and have a shaved head. My wife tells me i make old people nervous. haha i love my life.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:50 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

One day last year, during the daytime, on non-heavily populate country roads, I was doing some "drag launch testing", taking videos of me launching from a stop with various shock settings..in the street of course, but safely as well (no traffic, and not traveling more than 100 yds). They called the law and reported 'hot-rodding'.
I wasn't doing it when the law showed up, but I KNOW which neighbor did it. So, every chance I get, I gun-it and make a lot of noise as I drive by their house, regardless of time of day or night!
Neighbors, indeed. You want to complain about hot-rodding? too bad...it's how I drive!!!
(with headers and Borla mufflers, the stang isn't too quiet )
Old 05-19-2010, 04:01 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Yeah after the neighbor reported our party, my roommate make sure to rev the **** out of his Corvette every time he came back from work. The neighbor eventually came over to talk and my roommate and I played good neighbor/bad neighbor. I was the good neighbor explaining that if had simply come over I would have made sure it was quiet enough. My roommate told him he was a coward and was too intimidated to come speak to us face to face. He went around to discuss his problem with us to the neighborhood, but unfortunately for him we had built up good stock with them as it was an area with a lot of older people, so we traded our fair share of moving furniture/fixing things for cookies. Our landlord even called to tell us we had the neighborhood on our side lol.

Oh well, he was always standoff'ish and weird after, but I certainly loved flashing him a smile and giving him a big neighborly wave. I think that made him more mad than anything else. Ah college . . .
Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Yeah after the neighbor reported our party, my roommate make sure to rev the **** out of his Corvette every time he came back from work. The neighbor eventually came over to talk and my roommate and I played good neighbor/bad neighbor. I was the good neighbor explaining that if had simply come over I would have made sure it was quiet enough. My roommate told him he was a coward and was too intimidated to come speak to us face to face. He went around to discuss his problem with us to the neighborhood, but unfortunately for him we had built up good stock with them as it was an area with a lot of older people, so we traded our fair share of moving furniture/fixing things for cookies. Our landlord even called to tell us we had the neighborhood on our side lol.

Oh well, he was always standoff'ish and weird after, but I certainly loved flashing him a smile and giving him a big neighborly wave. I think that made him more mad than anything else. Ah college . . .

hahahaha this story is awesome
Old 05-19-2010, 05:24 PM
HEMI LOL
1st Gear Member

im O/R xpipe and flows. its loud when cold, but not too bad when warm. no ones ever said a word to me.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:33 PM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't want my neighbor waking me up with his exhaust, so I won't do that to my neighbors.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

when i was staying with my parents for vacation not to long ago one of the neighbors complained to the homeowners association that my (stock) car was too loud and that my car color disrupts the tone/mood that the neighborhood attempts to achieve. she also called the cops and told them that i drive through the neighborhood at dangerous and reckless speeds (i go EXACTLY the speed limit).

at the neighborhood Christmas party she tried to raise trouble again and the community collectively told her to shove it....that was a good night.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:53 PM
keester
2nd Gear Member

My neighbor is in his 80's. Car is stock, but if He is outside when I pull out He stops whatever He is doing and puts a hand to his ear to listen. He says he's always been a FORD man. Can't wait to see what he says when the mods start.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lil_Chef
when i was staying with my parents for vacation not to long ago one of the neighbors complained to the homeowners association that my (stock) car was too loud and that my car color disrupts the tone/mood that the neighborhood attempts to achieve. she also called the cops and told them that i drive through the neighborhood at dangerous and reckless speeds (i go EXACTLY the speed limit).

at the neighborhood Christmas party she tried to raise trouble again and the community collectively told her to shove it....that was a good night.

WTF LOOOOOOL! That is some of the most stupid **** I've ever heard! For one, the stock exhaust is far from loud. It's down right quiet due to the EPA's very strict rules these days. And as dumb as that comment was, the second takes the cake. The color disrupts the mood of the neighborhood? BAHAHAHAHHA! What kind of uppity fuktard is she? People like that need to be deported to the moon.

I think it's time for you to slap on the LT headers, O/R mid, and LM/Boomtubes and find where she lives and give her the John Force treatment. LOL!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
WTF LOOOOOOL! That is some of the most stupid **** I've ever heard! For one, the stock exhaust is far from loud. It's down right quiet due to the EPA's very strict rules these days. And as dumb as that comment was, the second takes the cake. The color disrupts the mood of the neighborhood? BAHAHAHAHHA! What kind of uppity fuktard is she? People like that need to be deported to the moon.

I think it's time for you to slap on the LT headers, O/R mid, and LM/Boomtubes and find where she lives and give her the John Force treatment. LOL!
yeah that is the downside of having parents that live in a rich neighborhood which = SNOBBY *ITCHY housewives with nothing better to do with their elitist attitude than to complain about other people's property. homeowners associations are creations of the devil.

i for one am glad that there is 600 miles separating my neighborhood from her house.

Quick Reply: Ah Neighbors