Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got pictures

Old 08-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Finally got pictures

odiaz....

DAYUIMMMmmm... I love your care man!

I'm glad you showed that pic of your brakes... I got my decals in the mail the other day so now I can get to painting those. they look GREAT!

Did you see the pics of my red/black carbon fibor dash trim?

I put MUSTANG on my trunk lid the other day - I need to snap some pics, it looks pretty good.

Old 08-05-2005, 11:54 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Hi Professor,

Yes, I saw the carbon fiber in your car it looked awesome. I went with the brushed aluminum and it came out really bad. Its like decals and they have bubbles in them. I've got to try to find something better. This time I will be a bit more patient and get samples first.

Orion240, Don't be afraid to paint them yourself. My son and I didt it in about 2 hours. we had lots of paint left over. I painted the IUP sills with the same paint. It's reall easy. They even give you a brush with the kit. The paint goes on really smooth and dries fast. You have to wait 24 hr before driving the car.

CainMotorsports, the decals were from xenonmods. They were only $10 and included 6 mustang decals, 6 ponies, 6 svt decals and 6 cobras.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Well done odiaz, that all looks brilliant!

Couple of questions, how did you install the Engine Start button? Also how secure is it, how do you start the car?

Sorry for the silly questions!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:57 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

I started a thread with instructions at https://mustangforums.com/m_586820/m.../tm.htm#586820

To install the button you have to remove the cigarette lighter. Then you need a dremmel tool or small file to cut small tabs into the existing hole (very minur cutting). This will prevent the new button from rotating.

Then you need to supply power (and ground for the light on the switch if desired) and tap into the ignitions start wire. Its a small green wire coming out of the ignitioin cylynder.

The button works the same way as in the vipers and the GT. To start the car, you need to insert the key and turn it to the on position. This will unlock the steering wheel and deactivate the PATS system. If you have an automatic, you have to step on the brake and have the car in park or neutral. With a manual, you must step on the clutch. Then, you just press the button and VRoom.

It's more of a novelty then anything else. It's as secure as your key is. You can't start the car without the key.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Outatime
2nd Gear Member

Thank you very much for that, think I am going to go for it, looks really cool
Old 08-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Not doubt a showroom winner!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 10:49 PM
jaykav99

That start button is insane. But I would need the cigerette lighter for a couple diff things so i wouldnt wanna get rid of it. Can you guys suggest another location that i could put the button. Of course involving cuttin into another area. maybe higher on the front console or next to the stick shift?
Old 08-07-2005, 12:00 AM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

very nice. the start button is cool, but one tradeoff is you have to hardwire a radar detector instead of using the cigarette lighter, i guess.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:05 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

There's another power outlet in the center console. If you want to mount the start button in another place, you might want to consider the left side by the light switch. You have to make sure you choose a spot that is deep enough for the switch and flat. Some of the other aftermarket switches are much shallower. The honda button is very long.

Old 08-07-2005, 01:20 AM
jaykav99

ORIGINAL: odiaz

There's another power outlet in the center console. If you want to mount the start button in another place, you might want to consider the left side by the light switch. You have to make sure you choose a spot that is deep enough for the switch and flat. Some of the other aftermarket switches are much shallower. The honda button is very long.

Thanks for the tips odiaz Ill check it out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally got pictures