Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 01:58 AM
SkyStang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09cs
Wow thanks for the heads up! I never thought about that. I've driven by cops set up with radars before and never had them come after me (even for my Roush muffler delete or front plate.) If you get pulled over for front plate or exhaust, do you have to go to the police station and show them that you have fixed it? Or what happens?
yup, when I got cited for tinted windows, I had to clear up the windows then drive to the station for the sheriff to come out and make sure the tints were gone. Anndddd pay the 25$.

I don't know of anyone who has ever been pulled over for straight windows, for instance, I was burning out in a parking lot and all they got me for were the windows. I'm guessing if I didn't have my front plate, they would get me for that as well.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vic21234
abecker, I'm a cop in a NW suburb of Chicago. How old are you? If you're younger, he was most likely just stopping you to check you out. If you have nothing to hide, I honestly wouldn't worry about it. A front plate violation is not a moving violation, and thats lame if a cop writes you a citation for just that. You have to really be rude and uncooperative to get cited for something so minor, in my opinion.
I get pulled over all the time for being young I guess, profiling. I've been pulled over 5 times literally and have gotten no tickets. 2 times for having a "tag light out" (which wasn't true) one time the cop said thats what he pulled me over for, never said antyhing else about it and asked to search my car. 2 times for "being suspicious", and another time for roll stoppig which was the only legit pull over. Oh yeah and I just turned 19 recently. Profiling much?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Flokk

Wow, first post here ever I think. Um anyway. I drive about 35 miles a day to and from school in a vista blue 2008 GT. Gotten a bunch of warnings over no front plate. Funny thing is that two of those warning I was doing about 25 over the limit at the time. Anyway I'm throwing on one of these:

http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/brackets.html

when I pick my car up from the shop later today. Non-retractable (but easy to mount or dismount the plate bracket without any fuss) and they look alright.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

After several warnings from local county police, a Texas State Trooper gave me the ticket. I wasn't doing anything wrong, he was just sitting on the side of the toll road entrance and saw me coming without a front plate, pulled me over and wrote the ticket.

I've had several run-ins with TX state police and believe me, they NEVER, EVER give warnings. I even asked one to consider giving me a warning once for 10mph over and he gave me this look like I was crazy or something. Those guys never give warning tickets...or maybe I'm not pretty enough, dunno.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Flokk

Unbelievable--on the way back from the shop a block from my house I got ANOTHER plate pull-over. Told the cop I hadn't had the car in a month (since a day after the last warning when I had a little accident) and had literally just gotten the car back an hour ago. He thought it was hilarious and didn't bother with a warning. Anyway installed that Craig's bracket, will toss up a pic when I get some time.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:36 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

Every time I'm pulled over for no front license plate I just say I'm getting the mounting bracket in this weekend. Works so far and I've been saying that same thing for 4.5 years...