Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AM Bama vs. Brenspeed

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 02:24 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

I have 93 brenspeed tune and i love it. As others have stated doug has had his issues with running a business. Which i would consider to be bad business and i dont personally like to even try and deal with someone like that. But he is with AM and im sure the customer service will be better b/c AM isnt going to let bad customer service taint there name. Im going to assume that both tunes are going to be about the same with some minor changes here and there.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:33 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Sarcasim rules!! LOL

Brenspeed will update your tunes for free if you purchase the new mod from them.

Who ever changes octane? I truly never understood why these companies send out three tunes in three different octanes. We all want the most power right? Premium gas is $4.10 on Maui, but I want the most power..... so thats what you buy. Why would you ever use the 87 tune?

OP, like Hammeron said, you can always buy a single tune from the other tuner and load it on your sct.

patrick
Some people get the 87 just in case they end up in a place where that is the only octane available.

I have the 87 and 91 tunes just in case.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:20 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

lol hmmm i like my revised version better!
a kinder, gentler approach.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:54 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

All I can say is my car has never run or shifted better even when it was fully stock since Doug custom Dyno tuned it. I've always run his tunes in my car and have loved all of them. And when I do my built motor I will once again contact Doug to do the tuning for me.

I have not run a Brenspeed tune but then again I've never had any reason to do it but I'm sure their tunes are good too.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Sarcasim rules!! LOL

Brenspeed will update your tunes for free if you purchase the new mod from them.

Who ever changes octane? I truly never understood why these companies send out three tunes in three different octanes. We all want the most power right? Premium gas is $4.10 on Maui, but I want the most power..... so thats what you buy. Why would you ever use the 87 tune?

OP, like Hammeron said, you can always buy a single tune from the other tuner and load it on your sct.

patrick
Some people might not want to pay $4+/gallon every time they fill up. I find it's worth it, but some may not. There are also some people who value gas economy over power. I've also thought of getting a lower octane because 93 isn't available at a lot of stations around me.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:53 PM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

Guys Im not so sure about the "Free Tunes for Life" thing... In the fine print on AM's website it says
How to Get Free Tunes For Life:
  1. Purchase an SCT Custom Tuner from AmericanMuscle
  2. Your tuning info will be kept on file.
  3. When you order a new performance part, contact us with your order number.
  4. Your new tunes will be emailed straight to your home computer.
  5. Repeat - For Life!

This wording, especially point 3, leads me to believe that they will provide you with a free tune only if you order from AM? Am I interpreting this incorrectly?
Old 05-29-2010, 04:57 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CWyler
Guys Im not so sure about the "Free Tunes for Life" thing... In the fine print on AM's website it says

This wording, especially point 3, leads me to believe that they will provide you with a free tune only if you order from AM? Am I interpreting this incorrectly?
I just received my other 91Race (ChrisRose's version) via email with no additional purchase.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OIIIIO
I just received my other 91Race (ChrisRose's version) via email with no additional purchase.
Yeah, I got an updated tune after the ''merger'' or whatever you wanna call it with no purchasing of parts. My car was exactly the same, I just wanted a custom tune rather than a canned one that I got when I bought my SCT
Old 05-29-2010, 05:42 PM
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CWyler

Read the whole thing. It's listed below. Only free if you buy parts from them (bold emphasis mine):

AmericanMuscle provides FREE custom tunes for life on all SCT Chips & Tuners. Whenever you buy a new part from us that requires a new tune, we'll send you one free - simply contact us with your order number!

How to Get Free Tunes For Life:

Purchase an SCT Custom Tuner from AmericanMuscle
Your tuning info will be kept on file.
When you order a new performance part, contact us with your order number.
Your new tunes will be emailed straight to your home computer.
Repeat - For Life!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:12 AM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

Yeah Incorrigible thats what I was saying, so really they are just heavily marketing something that Brenspeed also does. Correct?

Quick Reply: AM Bama vs. Brenspeed