Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AM Bama vs. Brenspeed

Old 05-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Fresh_GT
2nd Gear Member

I've run Bama tunes for almost 2 years, and have been very pleased with them (before and after the "merger"). Car is much more alive. Also, when it was on the dyno a few months ago everything looked perfect and safe. Solid tune.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:31 AM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

So, can the dealer detect that your car has been tuned if you put it back to factory tune before bringing it in?? I've been reading conflicting opinions on this forum and others. I'd like to get the Bama tunes for my car but don't want "issues" with the dealer if I should need warranty work in the future (or DEQ).
Old 05-30-2010, 11:56 AM
robs
3rd Gear Member

I'm on my second Doug tune. The first was right before he had all his personal issues which resulted in all the crap. Second one after the merger. Both are fine and woke up the car well.

As for the octane tunes, I run the 91. However, I just did a road trip to South Dakota and finding 91 octane gas was a real issue... so it would have been nice to have an 87 tune for the trip!

Fuel economy also went up with the tune. Over the 1900 miles, it pretty much averaged high 26s doing 70-80mph...

Old 05-31-2010, 10:21 AM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

I had Brenspeed tunes (bought SCT tuner and tunes from them). I wasn't happy with the 93 Octane tune, there was a big jump in preformance at 3000 rpm.

So I ordered a BAMA tune from AM, the 93 octance tune. It was very noticablely different than Brenspeed and was smooth from 1000 to 6000. Yet I felt the Bama tune, while great at high rpms, was lacking off the line. I called AM and told them and they sent me free, the next day, a 93 tune that is tuned for the low end. Love it. And I am sure if I called AM with another request, they would send me a new tune for free.

Joe C
Old 06-01-2010, 12:40 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Any of you guys with newer AM tunes (ie: post-Bama merge?) have any pinging issues? I've had my Bama tunes for almost 2 years now and I have to use the 91 tune with 93 gas just to keep from pinging (and it still does from time to time). I'm just wondering if it's worth asking them for an updated set of tunes.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HypromanGT
Any of you guys with newer AM tunes (ie: post-Bama merge?) have any pinging issues? I've had my Bama tunes for almost 2 years now and I have to use the 91 tune with 93 gas just to keep from pinging (and it still does from time to time). I'm just wondering if it's worth asking them for an updated set of tunes.
I don't but I would definitely call and ask
Old 06-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Doug put three custom tunes on my Diablo 2 1/2 years ago when he was still working solo. This was BEFORE his business/personal issues other had issues with.

All three are 93 octane tunes.

93 Race - same as HP tune with more sensitive throttle settings
93 HP - focused on high RPM
93 Torque - focused on lower RPM

I run the 93 Torque tune which makes the car feel more stout in the bottom end as I drive my car daily and don't go WOT much.

I'm curious if he has learned more tricks since he is now at American Muscle and if I should ask him to send me his updated talents.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Jalf

Just wondering... Is it possible to make a tune specifically for Fuel Economy?, would be great to have fuel economy weekdays and Performance at weekends.

Btw I'm new, so Hi :P
Old 06-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Jalf

Just wondering... Is it possible to make a tune specifically for Fuel Economy?, would be great to have fuel economy on weekdays and Performance on weekends.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:00 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jalf
Just wondering... Is it possible to make a tune specifically for Fuel Economy?, would be great to have fuel economy on weekdays and Performance on weekends.

Just keep your foot of the gas peddle. Doug stated that so called economy tunes are nothing but smoke in mirror.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AM Bama vs. Brenspeed