Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AM Bama vs. Brenspeed

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:29 PM
vic21234

Default AM Bama vs. Brenspeed

Hello all,
Sorry to beat a dead horse but since AM's merger with Bama I haven't really seen any comparison threads such as this. After a year of owning my GT, I'm finally deciding to get the ball rolling and get a CAI/ Tune package. Is there anyone out there who have experienced both Brenspeed and the new AM Bama tunes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had planned on going Brenspeed but the positive reviews I have heard from AM Bama have me rethinking my decision. My car is an auto, FYI.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I haven't tried a Brenspeed tune, but I had a "canned" tune from AM pre-merger and it was nice, a lot better than stock. After the merger with Bama, I had my tune rewritten, and it was a major difference. Sooo much better. I think either way you'll be very happy since both companies are very reputable

Now for someone to post who's actually tried both...
Old 05-29-2010, 11:07 AM
vic21234

Thanks. Anyone else?
Old 05-29-2010, 11:14 AM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vic21234
Thanks. Anyone else?
Here's what I can tell you. At one time I ran a Brenspeed tune na. It worked well and when put on the dyno everything was safe.

Brenspeed has a good rep for a reason. They always have had a good rep. Do a google search on bama, how's the rep? AM didn't merge with bama, they hired Doug to write tunes for them.

You should be able to make a decision for yourself after doing some research.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:31 AM
vic21234

Originally Posted by BruceH
Here's what I can tell you. At one time I ran a Brenspeed tune na. It worked well and when put on the dyno everything was safe.

Brenspeed has a good rep for a reason. They always have had a good rep. Do a google search on bama, how's the rep? AM didn't merge with bama, they hired Doug to write tunes for them.

You should be able to make a decision for yourself after doing some research.
Thanks for the info regarding your experience with Brenspeed. I used the wrong word when I said "merge" haha. I've been researching for the year that I've had my Mustang and I'm aware of the problems people had with Doug when he was alone...waiting months for orders, calls and emails going unreturned etc. As stated in the first post, I always have been leaning toward Brenspeed. I ask for reviews and experiences with AM Bama because at least Bama is backed up by AM's customer service now.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:39 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I can vouch for brenspeed. My car is auto as well. I love the way it shifts now. With just a cai and their tune it spins the tires going into second and third under full throttle. It also knocked nearly a half second off my 1320 times. 13.9 to 13.45

You will be happy with either tune I would imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSjLlRoBL1M

patrick
Old 05-29-2010, 12:58 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

it's a difficult and painful decision, best to get one tune
from each to be on the safe side.

Last edited by hammeron; 05-29-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Another thing...

If you order from AM, you get free tunes for life. If you get new mods, or decided to go with a higher/lower octane they'll rewrite it for free. Don't know if Brenspeed offers that.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:26 PM
vic21234

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I can vouch for brenspeed. My car is auto as well. I love the way it shifts now. With just a cai and their tune it spins the tires going into second and third under full throttle. It also knocked nearly a half second off my 1320 times. 13.9 to 13.45

You will be happy with either tune I would imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSjLlRoBL1M

patrick
Awesome car man.....what mods do you have at the time of the video?
Old 05-29-2010, 01:29 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
it's a difficult and painful decision, i hope it
doesn't cause any health issues.

best to get one tune from each, for piece of mind.

Sarcasim rules!! LOL

Brenspeed will update your tunes for free if you purchase the new mod from them.

Who ever changes octane? I truly never understood why these companies send out three tunes in three different octanes. We all want the most power right? Premium gas is $4.10 on Maui, but I want the most power..... so thats what you buy. Why would you ever use the 87 tune?

OP, like Hammeron said, you can always buy a single tune from the other tuner and load it on your sct.

patrick

Quick Reply: AM Bama vs. Brenspeed