MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Can't wait for my cai/tune! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/603986-cant-wait-for-my-cai-tune.html)

baddog671 06-03-2010 09:37 AM

Can't wait for my cai/tune!

Really hoping that my C&L Racer and tuner from Brenspeed show up today! It said it shipped yesterday afternoon, so I might have a chance. Just want it to get here before tomorrow because me and 5 other Mustangs are cruising up to the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA!

2005Redfire6 06-03-2010 09:44 AM

Hopefully it does for your sake, it will really wake the car up!

MOOK3456 06-03-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by baddog671 (Post 7038072)
Really hoping that my C&L Racer and tuner from Brenspeed show up today! It said it shipped yesterday afternoon, so I might have a chance. Just want it to get here before tomorrow because me and 5 other Mustangs are cruising up to the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA!

Aww man, bring a camera please lol. :icon_photo:

Cervinis is unveiling their 2010 body kit there, see if you can snap a few pics for us. :icon_eddie:

Alec 06-03-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by baddog671 (Post 7038072)

Man between getting a CAI/Tune & a cruise to Carlisle, I wouldn't be able to sleep

baddog671 06-03-2010 10:09 AM

Definitly going to take the camera and get some pictures. There's 10 other people going besides myself, and 8 are staying for 3 days, so I'm sure if I don't get a picture of something, one of the others will!

I didn't realize it took this long to get the cai/tuner. On day 16...

Nuke 06-03-2010 10:30 AM

I suggest driving the car aggressively with the stock tune immediately before you install the CAI & tune so you have a fresh "baseline" for comparison and then do the same after the install. Enjoy!

baddog671 06-03-2010 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nuke (Post 7038138)
I suggest driving the car aggressively with the stock tune immediately before you install the CAI & tune so you have a fresh "baseline" for comparison and then do the same after the install. Enjoy!

Will do, good sir. Going to stick with the 87 tune at first, and then later on experiment with the 91 and 93 tunes

Unleashedbeast 06-03-2010 10:58 AM

Question, when I bought my C&L intake it was recommended to get the street intake (not the racer) because all my engine internals are stock and I have no bolt ons at all. Now I see the trend has changed. Everyone seems to buy the racer intake even if their car is mild modded or stock. What changed?

baddog671 06-03-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast (Post 7038193)
Question, when I bought my C&L intake it was recommended to get the street intake (not the racer) because all my engine internals are stock and I have no bolt ons at all. Now I see the trend has changed. Everyone seems to buy the racer intake even if their car is mild modded or stock. What changed?

It was probably recommended to you to get the Street and not the Racer becuase for a stock engine, the racer is overkill. It's because of the flow rating, but I forget the exact measurments. So, you wouldn't see an advantage by going with the Racer.

However, they are the same price when you get the combo package, and I personally like the look of the Racer alot more. It's lighter, cooler material, and I also plan on some engine work in the future...

Unleashedbeast 06-03-2010 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by baddog671 (Post 7038209)
It was probably recommended to you to get the Street and not the Racer becuase for a stock engine, the racer is overkill. It's because of the flow rating, but I forget the exact measurments. So, you wouldn't see an advantage by going with the Racer.

However, they are the same price when you get the combo package, and I personally like the look of the Racer alot more. It's lighter, cooler material, and I also plan on some engine work in the future...

I agree it looks more at home under the hood, and the aluminum will heat soak more than plastic, but C&L said two years ago that the racer intake didn't produce as much HP/TQ on stock to mild modded engines like the street intake does. They said you had to have heads, cams, TB, LT headers, upraded intake manifold, and aggressive tuning to make the racer intake shine. (and really not so much on the 4.6L 281 CI, they said 302 motors needed the racer)

With that information, and knowing I would install a Whipple 10 PSI HO kit before I did all that to my engine, I opted for the street intake.