Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory hold on shipments 6/4

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Tammy King

Default Factory hold on shipments 6/4

Hi All,

New members.

We were just informed by our saleperson that there is a factory hold on shipping Mustangs. Our's is built waiting for shipping.

Does anyone have any details on this?

Our car is a triple black GT Premium Convertible. Manual tranny, Brembo brakes, nav, rear camera.

We can't wait to get her and we thought we would have her next week, we would love any info anyone may have on this.

Tammy
Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tammy King
Hi All,

New members.

We were just informed by our saleperson that there is a factory hold on shipping Mustangs. Our's is built waiting for shipping.

Does anyone have any details on this?

Our car is a triple black GT Premium Convertible. Manual tranny, Brembo brakes, nav, rear camera.

We can't wait to get her and we thought we would have her next week, we would love any info anyone may have on this.

Tammy

Who's the dealer?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Tammy King

Kirkland Ford, Kirkland Washington
Old 06-04-2010, 09:26 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tammy King
Kirkland Ford, Kirkland Washington
I'd guess it's true. They are a reputable dealer. Sorry I don't have any more info.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:44 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

heard the same thing on a truck forum. Something about a Quality Control issue and brakes.

good on Ford for catching it before the buyer finding it.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Sux though when you're waiting on your new car. Hope you get it soon.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:23 AM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

my dealer hasnt said anything about the hold but they did give mine a full month to ship. i assumed it took so long becasue of the rumored brake hold. hope they can hurry it....
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Kabala

Well if anyone gets any more info let us know. I order my very first new car on May 3. It is a 2011 Mustang GT. Thought the dealer would keep me in the loop. I did not hear a thing from them for 3 weeks so I called him left a voice mail. No call back emailed them the next day. Got a email back the saying the ETA was May 31. Told him that would be great if it came in around then since I already had the week off. Well that date came and went so by Wed. I emailed him again asking for any news and if he had a vin#. Thought if I had that I might be able to find the car myself. Did not hear back until Fri. afternoon said yea he would get me the vin and said maybe the Holiday messed things up. Well its now Sat. afternoon and still have not heard back about a vin or any news. I understand problems come up I am just upset because I feel they really dont care.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Tammy King

Our's was ordered mid-April and the dealer provided a VIN about 3-4 weeks later. Our's was built and ready to ship just after Memorial Day.

Just when we thought we were about a week from delivery the dealer told us there was a factory hold on shipments and that they didn't have any specifics on the reason or when the spipments would continue.

Your dealer should have had the VIN by now, it is assigned when the car is entered into the manufacturing system.

Originally Posted by Kabala
Well if anyone gets any more info let us know. I order my very first new car on May 3. It is a 2011 Mustang GT. Thought the dealer would keep me in the loop. I did not hear a thing from them for 3 weeks so I called him left a voice mail. No call back emailed them the next day. Got a email back the saying the ETA was May 31. Told him that would be great if it came in around then since I already had the week off. Well that date came and went so by Wed. I emailed him again asking for any news and if he had a vin#. Thought if I had that I might be able to find the car myself. Did not hear back until Fri. afternoon said yea he would get me the vin and said maybe the Holiday messed things up. Well its now Sat. afternoon and still have not heard back about a vin or any news. I understand problems come up I am just upset because I feel they really dont care.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:14 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Local dealership in Columbus, GA just got 2 '11 5.0s, one a pre-order the other for sale.

5Star Ford in Warner Robbins, GA also has a '11 5.0 for sale with the upgraded brakes and a manual...

Sounds like maybe you got a bad batch of brakes?? Because they're obviously sending some out while keeping other.

Quick Reply: Factory hold on shipments 6/4