Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voiding warranty of the new 5.0?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:32 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
If you paid for the car in full, I don't understand why you are squirmish about the warranty.
so if anything goes wrong he won't have to pay for it to be fixed? The same reason anyone wants a warranty
Old 06-13-2010, 12:43 PM
2011GTPremium
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slickvic_
Exactly. Just so you know, the Ford dealers wont typically try to scare you with a warranty void like Volkswagen dealers do. I don't know what brand you just came from but it sounds like they spooked you pretty good.
I stopped because there was a wreck in front of me, and the lady behind me was riding my *** and texting... and she hit me going 60. My brand new maxed out and supercharged 2009 Toyota Tacoma with 13k miles (i was the first owner) looked TRASHED yet they didnt total the truck. I had my frame like laser straightened and ****. Since the wreck the rear wend went out 4 times within 500 miles, the transmission ****ed up once, and e've had a few other problems with the suspension... even after 215k in initial repairs. Toyota turned around and attacked me saying I was abusing my truck (never went offroading or took it to the track) because my drive tire had like 2/32 less tread than the other tires... which if you know anything about tires you know thats barely a difference. They stripped all of my warranties and I got into a legal battle with insurance.

If you paid for the car in full, I don't understand why you are squirmish about the warranty.
Because of what I said above. Until these cars are figured out im scared.

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Paid in full..............how much?
MSRP was 36k... barely got it down any. Its the first manual 5.0 with brembos and 3.73s in the panhandle of texas apparently? Idk... I had no bargaining power with them even though I threw out that there were no incentives etc... they were ready to sell to everyone else who wanted to buy the car.

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
so if anything goes wrong he won't have to pay for it to be fixed? The same reason anyone wants a warranty
Exactly.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:46 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
If I whipped out $35k + for a gt, I wouldn't be so concerned. Really, if he is that worried about the warranty, he better live it unmodded for 3 years.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:50 PM
2011GTPremium
1st Gear Member

If I whipped out $35k + for a gt, I wouldn't be so concerned. Really, if he is that worried about the warranty, he better live it unmodded for 3 years.
Im just spooked. And imho if im gonna spend 60k on a gt500 I might as well spend 150k on something that much better... This is gonna be a kind of "fun" daily driver.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:56 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2011GTPremium
Im just spooked. And imho if im gonna spend 60k on a gt500 I might as well spend 150k on something that much better... This is gonna be a kind of "fun" daily driver.
I understand you being concerned, somewhat....but the above statement I cannot understand?? $60k for a gt500? Jumping to $150K?

Good luck dude.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:03 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

For instance, what mods are out there for the rear end and what should I be looking for? I know nothing about the 8.8" rear end...

here's what I found on a quick search for the first result haha.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-r...ud-girdle.html

The 8.8 is pretty stout. It will handle well over 500rwhp. Usually the things that need to be changed are upper and lower control arms. The reason is they flex too much under load and cause wheelhop during hard acceleration.

I will say that car ownership is alot more fun without the warranty. I was pretty concerned about it for the first few months then decided to have fun and voided my powertrain warranty with a supercharger. Best move I've made with my car.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

I wouldn't worry about the warranty too much personally. the basic car itself is a re-skinned 2005 model. motor + tranny are the only true 100% new parts for the 2010+ cars.

The S197 is a pretty stout platform. like Bruce said, get some new control arms and pretty much leave the axle alone. Even the GT500 has the same 8.8 axle with a slightly different centersection, but it's roughly 80% the same as the GT axle.

have fun with your new car. I still haven't seen a 2011 in person yet. they haven't made it to Hawaii
Old 06-13-2010, 02:45 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

What??? Who pays $60K for GT500s? Maybe a GT500KR or GT500SS but a basic GT500 for $60K?
"150K on something that much better..." you lost me after that statement. I mean if you have $$$ to blow, then go buy you a SSC Ultimate Aero. It's only $654,600 and you will be driving the fastest production car in the world!

http://www.thesupercars.org/fastest-...d-top-10-list/

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:56 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Just because someone has enough money to not need financing doesnt mean they aren't worried about getting a lemon. I don't understand what paying for the car in full has anything to do with a warranty.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:40 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Warranties are for wussies.

Quick Reply: Voiding warranty of the new 5.0?