Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No mark up on the 5.0 huh...wrong!

Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Blacksmoke,
Why does it matter what MY thread is about...you're not required to participate. Some people will read and get the information they need: some dealerships have markup, some don't. Big deal if I got rude with the people who got rude with me...sounds like that's what you're doing right now, yet you have the audacity to call me self-righteous. BTW, you didn't have to keep repeating yourself after every quote...we got it the first time, you're age is showing. Take your mail-in psychology degree and put it back in your desk, you don't know anything about me or my motives, so stop trying to guess. I never claimed to be any kind of victim, nor did I say everyone was mad at me. But go ahead and throw in your opinion, tell me what to do like you know best...you're right, I'm wrong, you're the man! Want a slap on the back and a hero cookie...it doesn't matter if it's only true in your little world. Make sure you rest up between posts though, no one wants you to bust a vein...you're obviously getting more upset than the rest of us combined. If nothing else though, trust me when I say I sit here and smile while typing this...

Last edited by distantsoldier; 06-20-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:22 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197steve
There are deals to be had either way, just do your research and make sure you're happy with the deal you get. Doesn't matter whose car is faster or whose car cost less... as long as you're happy with your car.

One of my best friends bought a bone stock red convertible 2007 GT500 with just over 30k miles yesterday for $34k. I think that's a pretty good deal, but I'm happier with my $27k GT/CS with about $6k worth of mods into it. Sure, the bigger motor would be great but it's my car and I love it!

Besides, I think it looks better than the GT500 anyways. :-)
That's an awesome deal...truth be told I would have LOVED to have gotten one of the Saleen Extremes with the forged 5.0 engine...unfortunately those are out of my price range as they usually go for around $70-80K new. But, like you I am happy with what I have...and continue to be happier after every mod!
Old 06-20-2010, 01:44 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Ok, let me try and sum this up, correct me if I am wrong.

Before the car came out, some people thought there wouldn't be a markup on the 5.0, you disagreed.

Now you found a dealership (or dealerships), that have a markup on the 5.0. So you are saying some people guessed wrong? This is all regardless of the fact, even you admit, that many dealerships have no markup on the 5.0.

Why did you make a thread again about what some people guessed ended up being wrong? Wouldn't have been more helpful to say, be careful some dealerships are adding a markup?
Old 06-20-2010, 03:26 PM
onegoal
Banned

Another thing I hate about dealers it seems the cars they have in stock are always loaded with almost every option possible which also makes the price higher. Most of the dealers in my area have the cars fully loaded with GPS, heated seats, backup camera.

I don't need all that junk! I want the car that goes fast for me. I dont need all that electronic crap like GPS and that.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
There are dealers selling the 2011 GT for 27 grand??? wow. I dont even see 2010 gt for 27 grand!
Basically it was a 2011 GT Base with no options at $500 Under Invoice with $750 Brochure Rebate and $500 Bonus Cash.

Im not representing that as typical. I live in North Alabama and I have a small local dealer with a Candy Apple Red GT M6 400A, Comfort Package, Polished 18" Wheels and a Black GT M6 400A, Comfort Package, 19" Wheels both for around $35,000 MSRP give or take. He has had one for 6 weeks. If someone is interested PM me and I will give them a name and phone number. No Idea what it would take to buy one but I can guarantee its not over list.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:30 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Lostboyz, the thread was supposed to be an example of not believing everything you read. For as many people giving good information there are two giving bad. I will admit though that it has gone a little further than expected. Then I figured that at least people would post places that were and were not adding mark up...and then people would know where to go and where not to. And that has happened somewhat... but, like almost every other thread, there are those who b*tch just to b*tch...ohh well.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:37 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Another thing I hate about dealers it seems the cars they have in stock are always loaded with almost every option possible which also makes the price higher. Most of the dealers in my area have the cars fully loaded with GPS, heated seats, backup camera.

I don't need all that junk! I want the car that goes fast for me. I dont need all that electronic crap like GPS and that.
I hate that too! But for every option on the car, the dealership gets a little cut...so of course they get them as optioned as possible. All I wanted was ambient lighting...and my car had everything by NAV. NAV, talk about a bad option...$2600! My aftermarket unit was less than half and offers twice as much..
Old 06-20-2010, 08:23 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

and this is another pointless thread that started without a reason and ends no better. Thanks for playing though!