Does FORD still recommend BP??? - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Does FORD still recommend BP???

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Does FORD still recommend BP???

Old 06-17-2010, 05:54 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by shanec View Post
A very small percentage of BP's revenue comes from retail gasoline sales. A 100% boycott of BP gas wouldn't be a blip on their radar.

But it would put out of business thousands of hardworking common small business people that own the gas stations.

If you're going to advocate economic warfare, please pick the right target.
I agree, although I'm doing the same thing with CITGO, lol.
I won't by gas from them period. I ain't giving a red Cent to that Venezuelan pr#ck!!
Sorry, can't do it.
I was looking forward when 7/11 said they were gonna drop CITGO but it never happened.
I did see one 7/11 in Orlando that was selling Shell.
I don't know how they pulled it off because the franchise wouldn't allow that...
Old 06-17-2010, 08:25 PM
07blkgt62
1st Gear Member

As much as I hate to say it, we need to keep buying from BP. They are going to pay for this disaster and if they go bankrupt we all will be paying for it.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:57 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

What's wrong with BP? They certainly didn't cause the leak on purpose.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I buy from BP regularly, and they also have 93 unlike many others that only carry 92. BP near my gf's house has 93 for 2.89, so that's what I get.

Wish I could get ethanol free somewhere
Old 06-18-2010, 12:23 AM
3fan
1st Gear Member

Yeah noway to Citgo. I have said that if we quit buying from BP them we would have too pay also. Good point. Plus like its been said our neighbors in our community will
suffer before BP would.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

BP label on the gas cap of my '07 F one fiddy, no BP on the '11 GT.

I haven't seen it on any of the '10's or '11's, come to think of it. I'll look around the showroom tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:05 AM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

I agree with Shanec that a boycott of BP brand fuel will only cause more distress amongst American business owners. I don't know if everyone has seen the head of BP going before congress today, but that says something. At least BP has taken some kind of accountability in protecting our coasts instead of leaving it up to our government, who has blocked numerous attempts to place safeguards, ships, and skimmers along the gulf coast. I am also in agreement with Pascal in that I will not support any station with the CITGO / PETRO EXPRESS logo. It befuddles me that some people would, because of an accidental oil spill, drive past a BP branded station to get to one that says CITGO or PETRO EXPRESS and feel like they're doing some justice by supporting a communist, admitted american hating piece of $hit. BP has initially commited over 20 million dollars to an account that is designed to help people affected by this spill. Would Chavez do the same???? I'm not saying BP should be let off the hook because I do believe they are directly responsible for the lackadaisical approach at safety on their rigs, but come on people....
Old 06-18-2010, 03:05 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I forgive BP. I love BP. They make the best gas, I only use BP 93....I f***ing hate seagulls...I'm sorry, hope no body gets mad
Old 06-18-2010, 04:51 AM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

try to run shell at most times, if not then its bp
Old 06-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thewarmachine View Post
What's wrong with BP? They certainly didn't cause the leak on purpose.
Check their safety record. They have more fines, accidents and payouts due to negligence and willful malpractice than ALL other gasoline companies operating in North America combined (for 2008, 2009 figures aren't yet available). I don't know about the rest of the country, but BP stations are going out of business left and right around here. As for the little guy (station owner), the smart ones have dropped BP and found other suppliers in order to quickly change their signs (Exxon, mostly). All I know is I have a boat sitting in my back yard and I can't take it to the same spots I've been fishing for 20+ years because the water is tainted. That's enough for me to say FBP.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does FORD still recommend BP???

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.