Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2006 Mustang iPad Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Oordski

BAD A$$

Can you post some install pics....did you have to cut the dash?

BTW...Welcome!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:44 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

thats sick!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:59 PM
koach

Originally Posted by xoxomattyo
That's awesome, but with it sideways like that does the ipad make you use cover flow to select songs like the iphone does when it's on its side?
No it does not make you use cover flow.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:02 PM
koach

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
That is one hell of an idea and it looks like it fits well! The only thing is the heat your car will be sitting in will take your battery life/capacity over time.
No worries over that because it is charged by the car so the battery is never used.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:06 PM
koach

Originally Posted by dkersten
Nicely done. I recognized the "volume" control as Rockford Fosgate when watching the video.. the 3sixty is a sweet unit for integrating anything to a car stereo system.

My only question is: does rockford make an iphone app to run the 3sixty now? I have had mine for 3 years (back then the only apps were for windows based or palm based phones), and since AT&T isn't in Montana, iphone and ipad aren't available here, so I have never noticed whether Rockford makes the utility for it. I run mine with my old HTC smartphone, which I don't even use as a phone anymore.

Heat would be an issue here, as would cold.. winters can get to 30 below regularly and summers are usually 90-100+ from July to September (except this year - mid June and still in the 50's most days - global warming at it's finest haha). Still, seems like a great solution to your needs.
No there is no Rockford App for the ipad/ipod/iphone and there never will be I just use windows on my mac to program the 3Sixty.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:09 PM
koach

Originally Posted by Oordski
BAD A$$

Can you post some install pics....did you have to cut the dash?

BTW...Welcome!
I will try to post some pics of the interior of the dash soon. I still have a little bit of tweaking to do first. I did have to cut the dash (PITA) and the center radio shroud. However I did make it so I could return it back to stock without replacing the entire dash.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

Very nice. WIthout a proper head unit, what kind of amplifier are you using to drive your speakers?
Old 06-19-2010, 09:13 AM
3fan
1st Gear Member

Yeah man you gotta show us the install but this is awesome. I love it.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:59 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

What happened to the buttons (traction control/airbag/computer/hazard lights/etc) that are normally above the stock radio?

Looks awesome.

Last edited by richmod; 06-19-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:21 AM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Charlie321
Very nice. WIthout a proper head unit, what kind of amplifier are you using to drive your speakers?
Any aftermarket amplifier would work, all you need is to adapt the headphone jack on the ipad to RCAs and then run them to your processor/pre-amp, which in this case is the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty, which has 2 inputs and outputs for front, rear, and subwoofer. A setup like this would require an aftermarket amplifier and speakers, although I suppose if you really knew what you were doing you could maybe interface it to the factory setup.. You are dealing with line level outputs and would have to make your own interface because all the interfaces out there use speaker level inputs from an aftermarket deck.

Quick Reply: My 2006 Mustang iPad Install