MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Diablosport email tuners? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/606815-diablosport-email-tuners.html)

ejanderson05gt 06-24-2010 11:06 PM

Diablosport email tuners?

Just purchased a tuner tonight from another forum gal, abrush. (If you read this, Amber, thanks again for the easy transaction.) The tuner is the VR model, so I'm going to have to get an email tune. I know I've seen a list of sorts on here before of tuners that supported the Predator, but I couldn't get it to come up with a search.

So, my question is this: What email tuning companies sell individual tune files for Diablosport Predators?

gman73 06-25-2010 01:53 AM

Americanmuscle/Bamatuning will start tuning for the diablo for new customers soon. In the mean time here are some of the tuners/companies. Eric Brooks, one of the best tuners. www.brookssspeed.com Modular depot www.modulardepot.com, Power House Racing and Performance www.powerhouseRP.com (Eric Brooks does most of the tuning for this company) AMPed speed lab (will start soon) www.ampspeedlab.com

luvmygt 06-25-2010 07:38 AM

subscribed, i was justy looking at a diablo tuner yesterday n thinking about pulling the trigger

Nuke 06-25-2010 07:43 AM

Brookspeed as stated above is probably the best of the bunch. You'll have more options to get away from the Diablo or SCT canned tunes and to get much better custom tunes with the SCT tuner. I'd contact AM to find out when they/Doug will begin writing tunes for the Diablo again.

ejanderson05gt 06-28-2010 06:16 PM

Alright, bump for a few questions.

I got the tuner in the mail today. On the back of the tuner it says U7140, but when I boot it up on my laptop, it says it's Part: vr7140. Shouldn't matter, I got a custom tune from Eric Brooks, right?

So, now it's a waiting game to get the tune. When Eric first emailed me, he asked for the "...original backup tune, you can pull that off of your Predator using the DS_Downloader software." I then told him it was the VR model, not the U model. He said it should work.

So, my question now, do I need to just wait for my tune file, or should I be trying to get a tune file off the handheld and do something with that? When I read the manual, it mentioned backing up the original. I'm just completely lost here, I'm 19 but was born into the world of carb'd motors. Tuning is a whole new animal to me.

gman73 06-28-2010 09:12 PM

The VR model is for vortech/paxton supercharged mustangs but you still might be able to use it. I could contact diablo sport or search their forums. When I had a problem uploading a tune, they were very helpful.

ejanderson05gt 06-28-2010 09:31 PM

G, thanks for your help. When I bought the tuner off this forum, the seller said this:

"...This tuner is the Vortec version but can be used with Mustang's that are not supercharged as long as you order a custom tune."

I'm just trusting that she was right. I registered the tuner on Diablo's site, but I registered it as the U model, rather than the VR model, due to the sticker on the back that said it was the U model. I'm just a little confused as to why it would have different Part #'s, but if it doesn't matter, than I have no reason to worry.

I guess I'll just hold off and try and load the tune on it when Mr. Brooks gets back to me, I'm just afraid of messing up my baby's computer.