Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parents wont cosign for a loan on new Stang. Stuck with my old one.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Where to begin . . .

1. Your parents don't want you in their house forever.
2. You don't want to be in your parents house forever.
3. Unless your part-time job pays upwards of $50.00 an hour, you can't afford the new Stang.
4. I drive a 2006 Mustang. It's badass, has over 500hp (crank) and I paid a good bit less than $30,000 for it. If you can't afford to have the newest and greatest, stop acting like you should.

When I was in college I could easily live on the meager $800 a month I made from my part time job. Hell, I lived pretty damn well considering.

I graduated, got a job, and 6 months later, $800 a month doesn't even pay for half of my monthly bills. Fortunately, I worked my *** off, got good grades, SAVED MY MONEY, got a good job, and was able to purchase my current vehicle and hopefully soon, a house.

Point is this: While your 900 a month + your part time job may seem like a good bit of money, and having a 500-700 a month payment may not seem to bad now, you'll be miles ahead to stay with what you have. Right now it seems you are very focused on the short term, and not on the long term at all.

In high school, girls cared about IF you had a car. In college, they cared about WHAT kind of car you have. After college, they care about whether or not that car is taking them back to your parents house, or your own.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:51 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I dont even kow how to respond to this thread.!

If its an 06 thats the problem, well, you can say my car

and all the other 06's here suck just as bad as yours. I get more stares and thumbs up in the Stang than in my other car.

Your car is fine and your parents have their reason why they wont sign. Whatever it may be, its their right and no one can say otherwise. More of a reason to work hard and be independent and buy whatever you desire when you become financially successful later in your life. Unless you have extra cash that you can part with, dont waste your money on a blower. Your car is plenty fast, faster and nicer than what most 20 yr olds drive in this country. Appreciate what you have.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
I dont even kow how to respond to this thread.!
...Appreciate what you have.
Pretty much sums it up. It reminds me when I was 19 and had a twin turbo Mazda RX-7.. of course, being the tuner that I was (or thought I was at least), in the effort of trying to make it faster, I ended up making a huge mess of things. $20k later after that, and no ride to show for it.. boy, did it ever teach me some lessons!

Enjoy the ride. Nuff said!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
I tried getting the loan in my name. I get 916 a mo from the gov cause my dads VA college allownce, plus my part time job and it still wasnt enough income to get approved even though my credit score is good hence why they had to sign for it.

Problem I worry about with super chargers is what happens if the car gets stolen or totaled? Im out of all that cash then. Well unless if it is wrecked and Im able to take out the supercharger before insurance gets the car.

What about an older Shelby like a 2007? Ive seen some used ones going for just over 30k. assuming they will go down in price next year. are they dependable cars to buy used?
so about 70% of the money you make in a month is scholarship fund? you live at home with your parents? you are still in college? you drive a 2006 mustang GT?

i do not think there is a face palm picture on the internet epic enough for this thread. did you think you would get sympathy coming here and telling that story? you are lucky enough to drive a car with more HP and TQ than you really need, and just because a newer and better car has come out you feel the need to upgrade to the 2011.......

you cannot even afford to live by yourself and your whining about not having the 2011. you DEFINITELY need to get your priorities straight.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:26 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lil_Chef
i do not think there is a face palm picture on the internet epic enough for this thread.
Does this work? :-)

Old 06-29-2010, 08:27 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

if you cant afford a SC, what makes you think you can afford a whole new Mustang?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I'm in my 20s and live at home because Im going to college so I dont have any bills really except for my car payment which is 202$ a month. Ive been trying to save all my money so maybe a year from now I can buy a used 5.0 or the new Camaro.

Anyways my current mustang is a 2006 GT with 18,300 miles on it. I bought it used around Labor day 2008 for 19,500$. The warranty expired in April.

THey wont cosign on a loan with me anymore and they tell me to save my money up until I get out of school in a couple years and buy the car I want. Now Im stuck with a 4 year old Mustang that is inferior and slow compated to the new GT and Camaro speed wise and when its time to trade it in or sell it I wont get jack squat for the car. Super Chargers cost so much might as well use the cash for a downpayment.

Im stuck with a Mustang no one is going to want to buy.

What should I do?
It's good to see that some kids' parents still have sense.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:38 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

I'm in my 20s and live at home because Im going to college so I dont have any bills really except for my car payment which is 202$ a month. Ive been trying to save all my money so maybe a year from now I can buy a used 5.0 or the new Camaro.

Anyways my current mustang is a 2006 GT with 18,300 miles on it. I bought it used around Labor day 2008 for 19,500$. The warranty expired in April.

THey wont cosign on a loan with me anymore and they tell me to save my money up until I get out of school in a couple years and buy the car I want. Now Im stuck with a 4 year old Mustang that is inferior and slow compated to the new GT and Camaro speed wise and when its time to trade it in or sell it I wont get jack squat for the car. Super Chargers cost so much might as well use the cash for a downpayment.

Im stuck with a Mustang no one is going to want to buy.

What should I do?

Sigh...

*A sigh is an audible exhalation of air arising from tiredness or emotion, usually sadness, futility, or frustration. It is also used by some to suppress emotions. In text messages and on internet chat rooms, a sigh is usually represented with the word itself, 'sigh'
Old 06-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

what I am trying to understand is how you got a $202 car payment. you must have put a good amount down. must be nice. i have an 06 and pay double that. I would be happy to switch places with you right now. Also you only have 1/3rd the miles that I have.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

There's still a way to win in a race (on the track!) against cars with much more power than you. Bracket racing. With those rules, it doesn't matter how fast or slow your car is or the next guy's. It's all about skill there. Instead of who has the most money to make the most HP.

Also, I seriously LOL'ed at many of the posts here. Good stuff.

Quick Reply: Parents wont cosign for a loan on new Stang. Stuck with my old one.