Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Stripped at the factory?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I re-used it. I was able to get the spec'd torque on the all the nuts and bolts. No sense in throwing away what is tightened down to spec torque.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:58 PM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
So what you're saying, then, is that nobody who is not already an expert in all things Mustang should ever attempt to make any sort of repair or modification on it himself? How would anybody ever become an expert then?

Oh, that's right, that would leave you the sole expert on Mustangs. Must be lonely up there on that pedestal of yours. Perhaps that's why you're so vitriolic.

I'm sorry, normally I try to stay out of these sorts of things, but that statement, among so many others, struck me as too incredibly ludicrous to ignore.
What he was saying was it that if you haven't researched anything about suspension or know from training you shouldn't be messing with it ... because obviously that is the first thing to do instead of just saying "they stripped it from the factory"

And "no sense of throwing away what it torqued down to factory spec" would you reuse your head bolts/studs if you could tighten them down to factory spec ?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

I would think one time use hardware is called that for a reason, but I could be wrong!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Torque holds the parts together. Whether or not something is stripped or intended for one use is irrelevant if one can get part torqued - provided there's no danger of anything shearing in half and I'm sure that's not going to happen.

Alas, the great Taco Bill got buy reusing the stock bolts and nuts.

And 157db, I hope you try accomplishing things in life that you don't already know how to do, provided there are things you don't know how to do (I think none of us are sure on the latter question). Anyway, its quite liberating!

I've done all my mods myself and didn't know jack about any of it before I started reading and then attempted it myself.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

157db for president! haha
Old 07-02-2010, 11:48 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

I wounder what db really stands for??? What's with all this goddamn talk about nuts and bolts? For gods sake take it to the OT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bYD...os=zgh92hoTj6E
Old 07-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
I dont think I have ever been on a forum that a person goes to give an answer but at the same time before he is done posting insults the person to try and make himself feel like a bigger man I am assuming. on every post I have read from you.
I just think it's funny how some new person gets on the board and starts to cry and attempt to call someone out, like they've just made some astute observation. Get the hint, no one gives a s%#!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 09:08 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boozshey
I just think it's funny how some new person gets on the board and starts to cry and attempt to call someone out, like they've just made some astute observation. Get the hint, no one gives a s%#!!!
doesnt take someone new or old to tell he is a ***..but I guess maybe you enjoy being insulted by him.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
doesnt take someone new or old to tell he is a ***..but I guess maybe you enjoy being insulted by him.
I haven't ever been insulted by him... Then again, I don't ask stupid questions. It's obvious that bolt isn't stripped. Let alone stripped from the factory. Let alone ALL the bolts. Seriously!!! Then to even have the thought that it will be covered under warranty.

I think he's right. Maybe the OP shouldn't be under the car right now!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:11 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
I wounder what db really stands for??? What's with all this goddamn talk about nuts and bolts? For gods sake take it to the OT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bYD...os=zgh92hoTj6E

What is everyone talking about? I forgot the topic of this thread because I can't stop watching this video. lol

Quick Reply: HELP! Stripped at the factory?