Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with finance guy at the dealership - long story - good read

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

I love the part when he told you, "You will have problems with this car after four years". Does that mean he has no faith in the product he is selling?
Old 07-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

My advice ... do whatever you have to do to get the stress out of your system, but it's unlikely that anything will come of it. Drink a couple cold ones and beat the **** out of a punching bag pretending it's that guy.

If you wanted to make a point, it should have been made before you signed the papers. If you go back now you're just going to be another whiny pain in the *** customer that wants something for free or something to be done. How often do you think they hear this crap? The fact that your point and situation is valid is not going to change how this is perceived by the dealership.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

You should have walked out.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:36 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Going to talk to the GM assumes you think the GM cares. I guarantee you that finance guy has been instructed to push ext warranties pretty hard. If you go whine about it, the finance guy probably gets a pat on the back for doing a great job.

I HATE the finance guys more than the sales guys. I guess the buyer is considered a lock by the time the buyer is talking to the finance guy and at that point they push a lot harder. I've never had a good experience with a finance guy. Its always been more lengthy and BS-filled than buying a damn house. I'm not kidding about that.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I financed mine through my bank, so I avoided all of this. Anyone else do that?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:05 AM
rydeordie
3rd Gear Member

yeah man just let it go....we all have bad days.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
I financed mine through my bank, so I avoided all of this. Anyone else do that?
Even if you pay cash, the sales person will probably try to sell you the extended warranty. I had a good sales guy, and when I said I didn't want to purchase it, he wasn't pushy.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
notsofast
2nd Gear Member

I guess he's just doing his job, albeit in an annoying, over-the-top sort of way. I'd just forget about it and enjoy the new ride.
On the other hand, I might have been tempted to play him a little if he really pissed you 0ff - insist on 100-year coverage or full coverage specified in writing even after you modify the vehicle for manned space flight. Perhaps even insist on a replacement "vehicle" during warranty-covered service that is drawn by 412 actual horses so that your loss of horsepower is adequately addressed.
On the other hand, maybe it would be better to just take the keys and go home.....
Old 07-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Mustang#5
1st Gear Member

I work at a forklift dealership. Basically the same type of deal.I happen to be the parts manger. So I have to deal with unhappy customers plus my employees. A wife must be really bad to lose. But 3 years ago May I lost my oldest son. I still have moments. But never once have I ever taken it out on a customer who spends 10's of thousands of dollars at my dealership. Nor my employees. They have nothing to do with any of my problems. I personally at the point that he was putting on the pressure, and saying the car is basically a piece of junk and will break down. Got up, said wait a minute and got the GM on the spot. And then demanded more off on the car or walked. His problems are his. I can't say get over it, because maybe he can't. But when you work with the public be professional. The customer says no, you can't always go for the hard sale. Just my 2 cents.... I hate a$$holes like that.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:39 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I saw the wife story was a fabrication, a get-out-of-jail free pass for them being an *******.

Quick Reply: Issue with finance guy at the dealership - long story - good read