Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is it totalled?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Paulejr13
Banned

Default is it totalled?

Hey guys, i gotinto an accident 3 days ago.

I Was Just Driving Straight (north) and someone was coming south, and the tried to make a left hand in front of me cutting across my lane, and basically just blatently hit me.

I tryed my best of stop and swerve around him, but he clipper my driver rear quarter panel which sent my into a complete spin about 200 feet, where my car jumped a huge curb, sidewalk and ended up in the parking lot.

Body damage doesnt seem that bad in the picture, but literally the sideskirts jackpoint areas in the rear, are on the ground. there was also differantial fluid on the ground after the tow. and the car would run for more than 10 second after.

my assessment:

all 4 rims need to be replaces due to being bent
4 new tires ad the now have flat spots
the entire rear suspension seams dead, because it is like on the ground
my exhaust is all bent
the diffferential fluid was on the floor, didnt look at it yet
and who knows about brakes, rotors, andd the reast of the car

TO BE HONEST, I WANT THE CAR TOTALED

Its a convertible, and to to me, it seams like the whole undercarriage was ruffed up and i really dont feel safe after this.

i am friends with the owner of the body shop, do you think its possible this will be totaled out?
Attached Thumbnails is it totalled?-mustang-1.jpg   is it totalled?-mustang-2.jpg   is it totalled?-mustang-3.jpg  
Old 07-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Paulejr13
Banned

ALSO, MY CAR WASNT LOWERED AT ALL JUST TO SHOW HOW LOW ITS SITTING NOW, AND ALSO, BODY DAMAGE WISE BOTH REAR QUARTER PANELS NEED TO BE REPLACED AND PAINTED, AS WELL AS THE REAR BUMPER, AND DRIVER SIDE DOOR NEED BODYWORK AND PAINT. ANDE WHATEVER BLENDING
Old 07-05-2010, 11:14 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

doesnt look too bad from those shots but depending on the mechanical damage it seems resonable to assume itll be totalled
Old 07-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Paulejr13
Banned

BTW i found a BEAUTIFUL low Miles Special Edition Mustang...( dont wanna say it yet) for a great price that i wanna buy

So i really wanna just total this thing out if he swing it

ALSO, this is a 2007 V6 with 40k so KBB is only about 14k
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Paulejr13
BTW i found a BEAUTIFUL low Miles Special Edition Mustang...( dont wanna say it yet) for a great price that i wanna buy

So i really wanna just total this thing out if he swing it

ALSO, this is a 2007 V6 with 40k so KBB is only about 14k
I'd check your KBB again, maybe try Edmunds TMV. I've been researching the value of 07 v6 mustangs since I got hit by a drunk driver. My coupe, same year as you, seems to be worth about 12,500 pre-crash trade in value. maybe with the vert you can get 2g more.

Any estimates on repairs? If its more than 75% you can be lookin at a total.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Paulejr13
Banned

so what would be the figure u think? whats the value i should base of off
Old 07-05-2010, 11:48 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

The body damage from the pictures doesn't look too horrible, but those pictures are small and no real way to tell what the mechanical damage is without looking at the underside. It depends if it's a v6 or v8. If it's a v8, they may opt to repair it. I did about $10k worth of damage to mine, mainly crushed the driver side quarter panel and front bumper, but I did not have any mechanical damages. Best to get an estimate and go from there. Sorry to hear about your accident.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Paulejr13
Banned

Yeah Its v6
Old 07-05-2010, 12:46 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Paulejr13
Hey guys, i gotinto an accident 3 days ago.

I Was Just Driving Straight (north) and someone was coming south, and the tried to make a left hand in front of me cutting across my lane, and basically just blatently hit me.

I tryed my best of stop and swerve around him, but he clipper my driver rear quarter panel which sent my into a complete spin about 200 feet, where my car jumped a huge curb, sidewalk and ended up in the parking lot.

Body damage doesnt seem that bad in the picture, but literally the sideskirts jackpoint areas in the rear, are on the ground. there was also differantial fluid on the ground after the tow. and the car would run for more than 10 second after.

my assessment:

all 4 rims need to be replaces due to being bent
4 new tires ad the now have flat spots
the entire rear suspension seams dead, because it is like on the ground
my exhaust is all bent
the diffferential fluid was on the floor, didnt look at it yet
and who knows about brakes, rotors, andd the reast of the car

TO BE HONEST, I WANT THE CAR TOTALED

Its a convertible, and to to me, it seams like the whole undercarriage was ruffed up and i really dont feel safe after this.

i am friends with the owner of the body shop, do you think its possible this will be totaled out?
Looking at those pics I would say not a chance?
Old 07-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Paulejr13
Banned

its not about the body damaged, there was a puddle of rear diff fluid on the floor, the car was in drive and was thrown into the curb goin backwards, all the wheels are bend, and the rear suspension looks like its shot, like i said the rocker panels are touching the floor dont forget the brakes and such which might be damaged as well as alll the underbpdy damge, the car wont even run

Quick Reply: is it totalled?