Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full coverage insurance 2011 mustang gt 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:53 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vikefan88
im looking to buy the new 5.0, but my current insurance company has qouted me a large price for 6 months. over $1000, and ive never been in an accident and never had tickets. been with them since i was 16, and im 23 now. when i buy this new gt in california i need to have full coverage, anyone know of any great qoutes they got for the same car?
Shop around. You do not have to use the same insurance company you have for your other vehicles. As a matter of fact, fire them if someone can offer you something better.

Nobody can give you a good company to go with because I hate to say it, your premium is totally dependent on you, not someone else. For example, lets say that Geico gave someone a $200 saving from their previous company, that very same plan could actually wind up costing you MORE for too many factors.

Age, driving record (tickets and points) even your credit score. And to compound it, each company has their own actuarial methods for calculating risk, and therefor your premiums. The actuarial calculations could for example place more emphasis on age and therefore your age factor of the equation is weighted heavier than points on your DL. To further compound the issue, the state you live in could require different actuarial calculations from what another state regulates. And that too is in adition to your area weighted factor (i.e. in Cali, LA versus some lone house you have in the middle of Death Valley.

It is best that YOU yourself ask the companies to give you quotes. The reason why is because even if one company might be cheaper for someone else, that company could actually be too expensive for you.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Liberty Mutual....really low rates!! Giego, Progressive and Statefarm all make hefty profits...
Old 11-28-2010, 12:29 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

We have Geico as an option in Texas too. As a matter of fact, Geico was started in Texas, in Fort worth as a matter of fact. Rumor has it that it was originally started for Texas government employees, which is where Geico gets its name from (whether it was only for Texas employees, I have no clue if that is correct or utter BS).

Geico is an acronym which is short for Government Employee Insurrance Company, and now you know where the name G.E.I.Co. comes from!

BTW, I still want to smash that stupid lizard they have in their commercials. Their commercials are so annoying.
And the little piggy that when "Whee! Wheee! Wheeee!" all the way home? I say turn the car around and take him back to market and run him through the meat grinder!
Old 11-28-2010, 02:03 AM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by dmhines
Another Fringe Benefit of the illegal immigrant issue. Lots of money paying out for Unlicensed and Uninsured Motorists. Progressive had to pay out $11K for an illegal running a red light and t-boning my 2006 Mustang ... and I had to pay $250 Uninsured Motorist Deductible.

They gotta make it up by overcharging us law abiding CITIZENS. Works the same way in a Hospital Emergency Room. My Buddy brought is 3 months old baby to E-ROOM due to fever. After a night of tests and monitoring ... $3400 bill ....
Four years ago I had a guy rear end me in my old stang. He showed me his insurance card and it appeared to be valid. When I called to report the accident they said he cancelled it a few weeks prior. I didn't file a police report when I got hit. Even if I did I'd have to take him to claims court and it appeared he didn't have any $. Kept saying he would pay but no avail.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:04 AM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by RideMyAssOff
Liberty Mutual....really low rates!! Giego, Progressive and Statefarm all make hefty profits...
My parents have used them for years. Good rates. One year they did try jacking our rates up but after bsing with them we got them to lower.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:11 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

they all suck.

so many factors affect your rate. Even your damn credit score. the higher your score, the more trustworty/better driver you are. So you get a better rate than the guy next door with the same driving record, but ****ty credit.

Honestly, I don't know how guys under 25 can afford Mustang GT's. I'm on my 3rd Mustang. 2 of them were when I was <25. Looking back, I now regret spending all that money on the cars. Loved them, but when you pay >$1,000 every 6 months for a damn car it's kinda ridiculous.

My 2003 GT used cost me more to insure than my brand new $40,000 F-150. Go figure. Then I magically turned 25 and became "responsible".

Hell, at 28 I still pay more every 6 months on the Mustang for coverage than I do for my Expedition. But at $670/6 months for both vehicles with $50k coverages it's more reasonable IMO.

want some solid advice? wait until you are 25. Or if married, say your wife drives the car 75% of the time. If you are married most Insurance Companies automatically give the wife >25 age rates. Even if she is only 18
Old 11-28-2010, 07:06 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
they all suck.

so many factors affect your rate. Even your damn credit score. the higher your score, the more trustworty/better driver you are. So you get a better rate than the guy next door with the same driving record, but ****ty credit.

Honestly, I don't know how guys under 25 can afford Mustang GT's. I'm on my 3rd Mustang. 2 of them were when I was <25. Looking back, I now regret spending all that money on the cars. Loved them, but when you pay >$1,000 every 6 months for a damn car it's kinda ridiculous.

My 2003 GT used cost me more to insure than my brand new $40,000 F-150. Go figure. Then I magically turned 25 and became "responsible".

Hell, at 28 I still pay more every 6 months on the Mustang for coverage than I do for my Expedition. But at $670/6 months for both vehicles with $50k coverages it's more reasonable IMO.

want some solid advice? wait until you are 25. Or if married, say your wife drives the car 75% of the time. If you are married most Insurance Companies automatically give the wife >25 age rates. Even if she is only 18
Best advice in this thread.

If insurance payments are going to be an issue and you're 23, I'd just wait til I'm 25 to get a new car if it's going to affect you. It's going to be a PITA in any case to insure a 23 year old driver.

I'm waiting til I'm 25 to purchase a new GT. Not worth wasting the money on insurance and payments now when I don't have to.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 AM
Mikado463
2nd Gear Member

$565 for 12 months (Westfield), but then I'm old (57) and it's not my primary vehicle.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:55 AM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

I would buy a older 99-04 pay cash and get liability. You are young save your money! 2k a year for insurance is crazy. I am with AUTO OWNERS really good company...Credit/history/age are the big factors. I pay 1100 a year for 07 gt 05 titan. FC 100/300K limits 500 deductible. My house also insured with them which helps a little and I pay in full every year so that takes another $200 off. I am 27 I wanted a cobra for ever but cannot justify the $800 increase.... Some times unless money is not that serious you need to step back and look at the big picture. My dad always told me if you cannot pay all your bills with a weeks paycheck. You are not doing right.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

Sex
Highway density
Miles driven per day
Garaged or not
Job
Credit Score
% of uninsured drivers in the area
Rural
City
State
Driving Record

These and more will affect your rates
8000 miles a year for a single 47 yo in Delaware gets me 750 per 6 months with Progressive

ETA:
Just did some shopping around, 21st century wants 433 for better coverage.

Guess who just got fired.

Last edited by Falcon Fixer; 11-30-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Quick Reply: full coverage insurance 2011 mustang gt 5.0