Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 1000

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 08:55 PM
dajohu
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker 1000

last 2.

Sorry if you wanted some while it was INSIDE the car I can dig some up, I was more concerned about it outside since I can just go look if I need to know some measurements while installed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13830/B40159FFB12349BC81BE3422EF8F9311.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13830/6B26601FD41447D0B103408211A618AC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-11-2005, 12:15 AM
fiddy

THat was actually more then I could have dreamed. Very detailed! Thank you so much. I am getting out of my current jeep wrangler which I had quite a nice sound system in it but it did not come cheap. I have not heard the shaker 1000 yet. Depending on how it sounds will determine if I order my new car with or with out it. I would like to see a picture of the trunk with the shaker 1000 in. If it would not be too much trouble. Thanks again!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:21 AM
fiddy

ORIGINAL: Spencer069

what if i installed a secound 500W amp JUST for the subs. wouldnt that double the sound/hitting of the subs?
I wouldn't think the sub's would be able to handle 500watts RMS. You would have to replace the subs, and with that much power you would probably crack the plastic enclosure.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 AM
dajohu
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiddy

THat was actually more then I could have dreamed. Very detailed! Thank you so much. I am getting out of my current jeep wrangler which I had quite a nice sound system in it but it did not come cheap. I have not heard the shaker 1000 yet. Depending on how it sounds will determine if I order my new car with or with out it. I would like to see a picture of the trunk with the shaker 1000 in. If it would not be too much trouble. Thanks again!
How about these? The yellow one is not my car

[IMG]local://upfiles/13830/1FD51AD90277409EB0579AFB1DCE577D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13830/325E5171B621479B990A43BB6701FEFF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13830/3B7EF1FDA65F4830BDE2C22630A1FEF9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-11-2005, 12:53 AM
fiddy

That was exactly what I was looking for. The non-shaker system has no subs right? Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures!
Old 08-11-2005, 02:18 AM
dajohu
2nd Gear Member

Correct, the non-shaker systems have no subs. The Shaker 500 has a sub in each door (8") and the Shaker 1000 has an additional 2 10" in the trunk. The two tens in the trunk are dual voice coil, and each the four amps behind the sub box power one voice coil. I think the amps for the two 8" are behind the kick panels and the other speakers are all powered off the deck.

It is ok sounding, nothing like the sound you could get for the same money aftermarket. But if you want to stay stock and don't want to rattle your car apart (trunk lids, vibrating interior panels) they work fine. Considering the sub box only has a total of about 260w rms and weighs in at 35lbs it sounds pretty darn good. The frequency response is actually very good, flat all the way down. With a bass cd they will hit very low notes, but if you've had a decent sub setup before you'll notice you have no control over the crossover(much higher than I would like it) or bass boost other than the bass control that effects all speakers (probably very wide band and at 100 hz rather than narrow band and at 40 hz where most amps have it).

I decided on getting a factory setup on my stang after my last car. I spent a whole weekend installing goodies and making it look professional. Sounded awesome, loud and deep bass. Only problem was it weighed a couple hundred pounds, had a major current draw on the car, needed stiffening caps and a second battery, and rattled the crap out of the entire car, every single thing on the car rattled, especially the trunk lid and spoiler. I took it out one day later, I decided then I had "outgrown" it and preferred speed and trunk space to the loud thump. I moved the system over into my POS truck and have not bought any stereo equipment since, that was about 1 year ago
Old 08-11-2005, 10:58 PM
fiddy

I just want a reliable system. I had a mirror shaking setup last time around and really it just is a waste of money. I just want a good head unit and a good loud clean sound. What I really want is one 10' sub.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dajohu

Correct, the non-shaker systems have no subs. The Shaker 500 has a sub in each door (8") and the Shaker 1000 has an additional 2 10" in the trunk. The two tens in the trunk are dual voice coil, and each the four amps behind the sub box power one voice coil. I think the amps for the two 8" are behind the kick panels and the other speakers are all powered off the deck.

It is ok sounding, nothing like the sound you could get for the same money aftermarket. But if you want to stay stock and don't want to rattle your car apart (trunk lids, vibrating interior panels) they work fine. Considering the sub box only has a total of about 260w rms and weighs in at 35lbs it sounds pretty darn good. The frequency response is actually very good, flat all the way down. With a bass cd they will hit very low notes, but if you've had a decent sub setup before you'll notice you have no control over the crossover(much higher than I would like it) or bass boost other than the bass control that effects all speakers (probably very wide band and at 100 hz rather than narrow band and at 40 hz where most amps have it).

I decided on getting a factory setup on my stang after my last car. I spent a whole weekend installing goodies and making it look professional. Sounded awesome, loud and deep bass. Only problem was it weighed a couple hundred pounds, had a major current draw on the car, needed stiffening caps and a second battery, and rattled the crap out of the entire car, every single thing on the car rattled, especially the trunk lid and spoiler. I took it out one day later, I decided then I had "outgrown" it and preferred speed and trunk space to the loud thump. I moved the system over into my POS truck and have not bought any stereo equipment since, that was about 1 year ago
Dajohu

I am glad to find some input from someone that seems to know a bit about systems..... Can you tell me if you shaker 1000 is still in its stock state????

If so can you try a REALLY HI BASS tune in the system and turn it up between 1/2 and 3/4 of the volume and let me know if you get much rattling from the 2 rear 1/4 panels and the bumper area.

This is where I am getting MAJOR vibration and Ford are not prepared to do anything about it! [:@] I feel that if I paid $1200 (i think that was the cost) it SHOULD NOT sound like a 82 corolla with a back seat full of speakers and rattles....

The strange thing is, of all the rattling, my licence plate DOES NOT make a sound.......I am jsut about at my wits end with it.....

You help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Exilenla
Old 08-13-2005, 02:53 PM
06GT

ahh, my first real post....

this is very helpful to me, I've included the shaker1000 in my order, but I have about 2 weeks to change my mind-

My dealer had no 1000s anywhere on the lot, except 1 GT that was an ordered/sold car, and they wouldn't let me in it (which I think is cool, BTW!)

so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it. I'm liking that the set-up is so diverse, and if I understood correctly the head unit can easily be replaced if I want while keeping the valuable speaker/amp set ups elsewhere in the vehicle? I'd like to ultimately have a touch screen with navigation in the rectangle where the hu is.

Since I'm so new to this site, and don't know my way around yet, is there an ICE sub forum? (In-Car-Entertainment) I'd love to see what other peeps have done with theirs...

Bart
Old 08-14-2005, 11:48 PM
BadAndy

I wouldn't get the Shaker- too many of us still have the skipping problem after multiple replacements. I just had the 3rd one put in last Thursday and now Ford is saying that they won't guarantee certain CD's that don't have clear pauses inbetween the tracks (rather than fix the problem let's blame the CDs!!). I had some Spanish CDs (language learning) that played with no problems in my Toyota Sequoia but they constantly skip in the Shaker. I really like my car but the quality of the Shaker is terrible so given a choice take your $1200 and put it towards an aftermarket system. So far so good on the 3rd unit with store bought music CD's but I've got a feeling that it'll skip again sooner or later. Scosche has a 10" sub/box made for the 05 Mustang that's received pretty good reviews so far; you'll have to add your own amp though (check out the latest 5.0 magazine).

Hawg- did Ford give you credit towards buying an aftermarket unit or were you on your own?

Quick Reply: Shaker 1000