Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport Mafia burned up...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
red96v6
2nd Gear Member

Default Diablosport Mafia burned up...

So on my way home from college, Im stopped at a light. I smell burning plastic, and then check my gauges. Sure enough, the wrench light is on. Pull off the side of the road and the car dies...

Pop the hood and the MAFia is missing the center part and has smoke coming out of it. Parts of the wire are burned too... Disconnected it, and it took out the stock MAF connector, coming from the engine harness, too.

Car throws P300 and P102...

SO I had to tow the car home...

Has this ever happened before? I had it zipped tied away from all the hot parts. I dont know how it happened, I always drive like grandpa ever since getting blown. Think Diablo will cover it? It was purchased earlier this year, though Im not the original buyer...

Also how do I replace the stock connector? Does Ford sell just the connector?

Guess Ill get a new MAFia overnighted from Brenspeed tomorrow...
Old 07-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Diablo sport has pretty fast online customer service. I would get on there and tell then your story and post some pictures.

Go to Ford and order a pigtail connection for the MAF sensor if the original is broken. The best way is to cut, weave (not like a braid but intertwine the wires), solder and put heat shrink on each solder.

You can probably plug the connector into your MAF and your car should start. It will probably throw codes and would driveable in and out of the driveway etc.

I would also asked Diablosport if they have any MAF plugs hanging around.

They may want a picture of where it was mounted also.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 AM
RoushGT
1st Gear Member

Hmmm... very interesting. Please let us know what you find out.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:34 PM
red96v6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
Diablo sport has pretty fast online customer service. I would get on there and tell then your story and post some pictures.

Go to Ford and order a pigtail connection for the MAF sensor if the original is broken. The best way is to cut, weave (not like a braid but intertwine the wires), solder and put heat shrink on each solder.

You can probably plug the connector into your MAF and your car should start. It will probably throw codes and would driveable in and out of the driveway etc.

I would also asked Diablosport if they have any MAF plugs hanging around.

They may want a picture of where it was mounted also.
I took your advice and made an account over on Diablo's website, no replies yet...

I ordered a new MAFia from Brenspeed with next day air, $238...

Called the local dealership for the stock connector... And they wanted me to pay $1000 for a new engine wire harness... Yeah, right. Said that would be the only solution, and they kinda laughed at me when I said Id find another way.

Soo, looking at my MAFia that burned up... It looks like it has the same connector I would need that plugs into the MAF... I think Ill just transfer this connector from the MAFia, to the engine wire harness. Wire colors looked different, but that shouldn't be a problem, should it?