Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for 2011 6 speed manual owners.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:42 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Why take a hit on an issue they are obligated to fix? Don't act like Mr. Badass to us. Save it for the dealer. New cars have issues. It happens. Next time don't buy a first run if you can't handle it without giving yourself an ulcer.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:21 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I have yet to encounter the skip shift feature in all different types of driving. I'm not sure what the big deal is. You might want to have yours looked at if it's giving you that much trouble. I love the new transmission. Calling it "junk" is a bit excessive. Everyone with the new six speed (myself included) seem to love it.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:48 AM
2011CS/GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Falcon Fixer
To be polite,
Why should I even NEED to spend more than what I already have just to make a brand new car driveable.
This car is undriveable.Period.
I have been banging gears for over 30 years and have never had trouble driving anything with a stick.

Oh and learn to read.

Traction control OFF.
Will not shift into second from first at all no mater what the revs are.
There is no crap shift with traction control OFF.
The car will not down shift properly. It blocks ANY gear it happens to choose when ever it so chooses.
Does anyone think that I would take a MASSIVE financial hit for a car with 600 miles on it that is junk, just for fun.
I wrote a 35k check for this thing and it sucks.
The dealer has been put on notice.
"You get ONE chance to make it right"

I do not "Want" this car to be junk.I want to enjoy it.
I waited three months for it to show up.
I took a week off from work so that I could just go and have fun with it.
Everything about the car with the exception of the trans is great.
The ride is great.
It handles very well.
The stereo sounds fantastic.

It just sucks to drive it.
I say take a deep breath and take it in. Allow them to fix the car even if it takes a few times. That is what warranty is for in the first place. I am telling you it will be worth it in the long run. This is my 4th Mustang and by far the best one yet. Although I loved my 03 Cobra. If they are telling you to go to hell and they are not going to fix it then yes I might get upset. With it doing what you say you and they know they have to fix it. So they fix it and you kick some Chevy and Dodge butt and forget all about it.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Cool Contractor

The 1st to 4th only engages at 17 mph and off at 20 mph in first gear. It will be on the dash message center.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:20 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I still don't get that stupid skip shift thingy. It goes off on me all the time when I'm in first and I exceed 2500 RPM.

I always ignore it as if it never lit up. I does absolutely nothing for me; it is absolutely useless in assisting me to drive.

For all I care, if I could opt for a Skip Shift delete and got back a hundred or so dollars off the sale price, I would have applied the savings to some dealer cosmetic body options instead.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:21 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

the skip shift is saving you money, with it the car just gets under the gas guzzler tax.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:55 AM
gtx76

So, whatever happened? Did it get fixed?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:51 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
the skip shift is saving you money, with it the car just gets under the gas guzzler tax.
It ain't saving me jack. It is to the point now that I never look at the tach anymore as I accelerate. I up shift from the feel and sound of the car.
I know that bastard is going off, but I don't even notice it anymore.

Funny, I notice that I exceed the rated city avg MPG driving: I get a tad more than 17 avg MPG in city. The skip shift is just useless. And of course, when I flash in a tune over the stock tune, skip shift is as useless as ***** on a bull.

Originally Posted by gtx76
So, whatever happened? Did it get fixed?
Apparently not, well, that is my assumption since he has not posted back for over 4 months now. A lack of an update to me means no resolution. But that is only my assumption, he eventually might have got his car fixed.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:09 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
lol ok....and? Whats that have to do with anyone here?

Also I have a funny question for ya...If you can't get it into 2nd...you didn't notice this leaving the dealership?? c'mon man... Sounds like pure bs to me.

I have another funny question...Ever heard of a warranty? If there was indeed something wrong with your tranny, it's covered and will be fixed anyways so whats all this "make it right" stuff? Bring it to the dealer the same way you got it home (however you did that...I'll assume 1st-4th? *coughskipshiftcough*) and let them fix or replace it. Personally I doubt seriously that anything is wrong with it. Do you even know how to turn advancetrac completely off? Because your skip shift is still on if it won't go into 2nd and you must be trying to shift at like 2400-2500 rpms or lower to even have it kick on.

I don't understand what the problem is other than already stated, learn to drive the car you bought including it's features... Oh I've been waiting to use this one for awhile now lol...

If you really don't want it, sell it.
I can't stand when people call out BS on something they are not around to witness, see for themselves. to "assume" he is BSing just makes an *** out of u and.... well u again... Sounds like your talking as much shyte right now as you are accusing him of doing.... just sayin.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
It ain't saving me jack. It is to the point now that I never look at the tach anymore as I accelerate. I up shift from the feel and sound of the car.
I know that bastard is going off, but I don't even notice it anymore...
Having the skip shift there saved you about $2500 off the sticker, otherwise it would have been subject to the gas guzzler tax. Don't know how many different ways I have to say it.

It saves fuel on the EPA schedule, no one really said it has real world benefits. Spend $10 and get rid of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question for 2011 6 speed manual owners.