Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on my Kenne Bell "needs" list...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Default Update on my Kenne Bell "needs" list...

I went and looked at the Kenne Bell 2.6 that I was going to buy and I think its a good deal...

I would need to get the intake adapter plate, the plenum that goes into the S/C, an idler pulley and bracket, and some plumbing materials.

All that for under $2,000....Good deal?? The thing has less than 6000 miles on it. Turns out I've seen the car around town several times and I know that it is BABIED!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:13 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Intake adapter plate? Do you mean the intake manifold? And the plenum.. are you talking about the part that bolts to the back of the supercharger and the throttle body bolts to? Those are not cheap or easy to come by parts. How about intercooler parts and the intake assembly..? It almost sounds like all you are getting is the compressor, which is not even half the price of a full kit. Can you be more specific?

You have the air filter, then the MAF housing and MAF sensor (this can be 2 kinds, the california emissions which uses part of the factory setup, or the cannister which is an entire replacement), the flex tube, the intake tube, the throttle body adapter, then the throttle body itself (stage 1 uses the factory tb), the intake plenum which bolts to the compressor, the compressor itself, and the intake manifold. The compressor bolts directly to the manifold. Then you have injectors, the fuel rail pressure adapter, and of course the coolant crossover tube and new alternator brackets. The intercooler assembly consists of all the hoses, the reservoir, the heat exchanger, the pump, and wiring for the pump. Then you have the relocation brackets for the fuse box, the PCM, and the windsheild washer reservoir (and the reservoir itself). There is also the Boost-a-Pump and new plugs. Aside from a bunch of misc plumbing and wiring, that is the kit in it's entirety.

If you are talking about the intake assembly (before the TB), then yeah, it's cheap. If you are talking about the actual plenum that bolts to the supercharger, and the manifold that allows you to bolt the supercharger compressor to the engine, those are high dollar items.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Yup, I'm talkin about the plenum. Hmm. Guess I need to rethink this.

I'll need the intake manifold, the air intake plenum/flex pipe, I guess the alternator relocation bracket, the heat exchanger...

damn...I don't even think thats half of it.

That sucks too because I got a hell of a deal to have the B302 I was gonna buy swapped in.

I guess I'll talk to him again tomorrow and see what he says about the list you just gave me
Old 07-21-2010, 12:43 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

I'll have some of the parts you'll probably want, like heat exchanger, ic coolant tank, and a few other items (wont be using them when I install my kit in 2 weeks). But the biggies are those mentioned and still missing.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:33 AM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
I'll have some of the parts you'll probably want, like heat exchanger, ic coolant tank, and a few other items (wont be using them when I install my kit in 2 weeks). But the biggies are those mentioned and still missing.
Are those parts not required or do you already have them? But yea, Id appreciate that. Just let me know how much for them. I leave August 2nd to Florida for predeployment leave and then I'm heading out soon after that, so let me know as soon as you can

thanks