Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripes or No Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:10 PM
2011CS/GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stockstangs
My Dealer told me I could not order a CS with the stripe delete option. He suggested letting the dealership remove them after delivery. Yea right, I bet I do. I think he may not be correct on the stripe delete. I just prefer the look of a slick car. I like the stripes on certain color cars, IE Kona Blue looks sweet. I was wanting a black CS. The stripes really don't show up that well on the one I looked at anyway. Good luck with whatever decision you make, either way you will have a sweet ride!
Stock you talking about the small stripe on the side that says CS GT? I have one on my side that you can barely see until direct sunlight hits it. When I first saw it I told the dealership that has to come off before I leave. After seeing it in the sun I kind of started digging it. It is not quite black on black, but it looks close. It grew on me pretty fast and kind of was unique IMOP. I think I am leaning towards no stripes as far as the hood, roof, etc goes.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:26 AM
Stockstangs
1st Gear Member

Yes, the one on the side. I have to agree with you, it is barely noticeable. I like the front end of the CS better. I still can't get used to the regular Gt foglights up high. All of my previous stangs had them low. My 2003 cobra had the round lights, this is another thing I like about the CS. They look more sleek than the bulkt ones on the GT's. That 2011 will scream! The one I rode in felt like it would have eat my 2003 cobra up!lol It was geared 373 though. This will be a must for me. I just can't decide between a CS or a new Shelby. I really don't have 50 grand to sink into a stang, but they are sweet rides also.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:09 AM
robs
3rd Gear Member

I'm not sure I've seen a 2010+ with stripes? Not sure how it would flow with the hood contours ?

If they're vinyl you can always peal them off if you don't like 'em.

I've had mine on for about a half a year... Getting kinda tired of them..

Old 08-01-2010, 05:49 AM
bozodozo

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
I like both with and without stripes but if your going to do it do it right and go with painted on ones. The hardest part is finding a stripe that looks good on your car and is the right color for the look your going for. My stripes are painted on and full body panel clear coated. I also went with a more stealth look by getting a color in the same color family as my car.

You can see more pic's by clicking on the link under my siggy
Thats a very nice job on your car..I love how you matched the color of the stripes to a darker shade of color to the original color. Now personalized stripes like this in my opintion are much better then the plain white stripes that everyone has!!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:43 AM
bxsicecold
1st Gear Member

I may be a little bias as well, but I think the right set of stripes makes any mustang look better. A wide set of matte black would really set the car off. Or if you could match it to the CS stripe on the side. I have a 07 SGT White/Silver. And I just added my Cobra emblem yesterday, but I figure mine is a SHELBY so its fitting. After all the GT500 aren't called cobras and they sport one.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:45 AM
bxsicecold
1st Gear Member

OP, where are you at in Texas b/c I saw a car just like yours the other day. Just wondering what the chances are it was you?