Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got pics of there aftermarket radios please post

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 06:37 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Me likey!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

man, that gauge panel is a great idea. I've been looking to move my gauges off the pod and onto the dash but that panel is an even better idea.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:50 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
man, that gauge panel is a great idea. I've been looking to move my gauges off the pod and onto the dash but that panel is an even better idea.
Thanks, and yes, for me anyway, it is a bit annoying to have the gauges on the pillar or on the dash......but that's just me......YMMV.....

Mike
Old 07-27-2010, 11:30 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by antipeterleague
and also ipads aren't made to take the bumps that sometimes occur when driving. also the harddrive shouldn't be in that much motion when in use. so it might **** up early, who knows.
Don't they use SSD hard drives? Which would withstand far more than any bump that happened to be less than your car flying off of a bridge.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I'm having a hard time understanding why someone would want an iPad in the dash (let alone one in general). What about the radio, CD player etc? I know it has mp3 but still. That's like the head units that play movies. When the f do you have a chance to watch a movie while driving? I'd get motion sickness from that
Old 07-28-2010, 12:51 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alec231236
I'm having a hard time understanding why someone would want an iPad in the dash (let alone one in general). What about the radio, CD player etc? I know it has mp3 but still. That's like the head units that play movies. When the f do you have a chance to watch a movie while driving? I'd get motion sickness from that
I agree with you there. I'm definitely an anti-ipad person lol. I don't see the need to over complicate the dash with a device that you would probably not use for much compared to the capabilities of a device like the ipad. Which in my opinion are limited in any case
Old 07-28-2010, 07:10 AM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alec231236

I'll touch on this just a little bit, for people that go to car shows or "hang out" at public places and "chill" around cars they might pop a movie in just to pass time or if say you are going on a road trip and you and a buddy/gf/wife/kid wants to watch a movie instead bugging you with "are we there yet"
Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
I agree with you there. I'm definitely an anti-ipad person lol. I don't see the need to over complicate the dash with a device that you would probably not use for much compared to the capabilities of a device like the ipad. Which in my opinion are limited in any case
Well, I agree with you about not exactly wanting one in the dash unless it was optimized for NAV and a radio function, as well as perhaps recognizing CDs put into the stereo, but let me tell ya the iPad is one sick little device. I've carried one around for the last month or two and it keeps on impressing me.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WildWes11
I'll touch on this just a little bit, for people that go to car shows or "hang out" at public places and "chill" around cars they might pop a movie in just to pass time or if say you are going on a road trip and you and a buddy/gf/wife/kid wants to watch a movie instead bugging you with "are we there yet"
Yeah, you've got a point. I was just thinking in most cases
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Pioneer Z1

Quick Reply: Anyone got pics of there aftermarket radios please post