Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think your STANDARD sucks!!!!! Lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:56 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Love my auto...period.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Shella - People like that are, as already stated, just ignorant. I usually just ignore them when people say crap. Or I usually ask them a question...

"If my Auto is so crappy, why is it faster than your Manual? "

Make it clear to the next shop, if they want to keep your business, they better not bash your auto!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:00 AM
chrisheltra
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
If automatic is called standard, I think manual should be called "above standard"
I have never heard an auto referred to as a standard. I have however always heard of manuals being referred to as standards.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I prefer a manual, but that's just a personal choice thing. Automatics now days are at least as fast as manual transmission cars. Get what you want, and enjoy yourself. Mustangs are about having fun.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:16 AM
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

If my Mustang were a weekend car I would have gone with a manual. Since it's a daily driver, I went with an auto. No regrets.

Cal me a pansy if you want. I could care less.

Had my fill of standards over the years and driving in traffic every morning with a standard is no fun.

Shella ... find another shop and make sure you tell them why they are not getting your business.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:22 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
If automatic is called standard, I think manual should be called "above standard"
I was referring to the manual transmission as a "standard".....my title was an attempt at making a satirical funny.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:35 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

The person at the shop didn't make these comments directly to me. He was showing a dyno chart on a 2005 Mustang GT with an automatic transmission, and the numbers were horrible. He then told the diehard manual transmission customer with whom he was speaking the reason for the low dyno numbers is "automatics chew up dyno numbers".

Perhaps Mr Shop Owner does not have good abilities with said automatics.

Last edited by SaddleUp; 07-29-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:52 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Sounds like Darwin's law of Survival of the Fittest Business. If I own a shop and someone comes in wanting me to install the most retched wing on their car, I'd do it. Maybe earn their trust, get to know them, then make friendly suggestions based on your opinion.

You should def let the owner know they lost business because of the dumbass. Even if that dumbass was the owner themselves.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

The shop owner is ignorant.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:10 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I completely agree Siggy. There are plenty of automatics out there that pull much better numbers than the one he put on display. He could have responded to the questions about the lower numbers in a much more productive way.

Perhaps, too, I am overly sensitive because I feel like I am told things like this just to get a jab at me regarding my car. If my only goal was to have a hp-riddled beast, I had it.....the gt500. I could have sold the other two, kept it instead, upgraded to a kb mammoth 2.8 or a whipple 3.4 and had a monster. Lol.

Quick Reply: I think your STANDARD sucks!!!!! Lol