Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having a JL Stealthbox and amp instaleld tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:15 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Install Done: Having a JL Stealthbox and amp installed tomorrow

So the only thing i missed from my 05 was the bass the shaker 1000 sub gave the music. The shaker 500 is so flat. i know a lot of you hate on the system, but i liked it. Anyway, going tomorrow to get a JL audio Stealthbox installed along with a 500W JL amp. Should sound much better. I'm not the shake the house next door type of guy, just want more bass in my music.

It dark and i'm far too lazy to go take pics of it right now, it sitting in my trunk. If any of you are considering it the thing fits like a glove. It sits in the passenger side fender well just like the shaker 1000 sub only it has a 13" woofer. the carpet covering the box looks just about identical to the factory trunk carpet. The best news is that it doesn't cover up the adjustment **** on my koni yellows. I was afraid it would. it also bolts in so when i hit the track it wont move around. It probably weighs 30 pounds, but I'm not good enough for the weight difference to make a difference to me. anyway, ill post up some pics tomorrow if i have time.

Last edited by ShaneM; 07-30-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:50 AM
GRABOID
1st Gear Member

Lol dude that thing is going to make you **** your pants if you are just looking for something like the 1000. May of used a little more amp but it will work fine.....just say you won't be disapointed.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 AM
lexustech48
1st Gear Member

Hey shane, does the factory radio/ Shaker 500 provide an audio out jack for subs? May sound like a dumb question, but Ive seen some guys wire up subs off the rear speaker signals (or if your like me and your hooptie of a DD has blown rear speakers and a blown subwoofer channel in your amp)
Old 07-30-2010, 10:34 AM
2011CS
1st Gear Member

That speaker box is supposed to be audiophile grade, it will blow away two shaker 1000's

cool!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:40 AM
GRABOID
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2011CS
That speaker box is supposed to be audiophile grade, it will blow away two shaker 1000's

cool!
They did "down grade" from a w6 to w3 in the newer boxes but it still sounds good. They are just so proud$$$$ of that box you know.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:53 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

shane, get some pics up

how much, from where, and how did you wire it in?
Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

I am having it installed right now, I will post up some pics once i get them. i got the stuff direct from JL. FWIW JL told me that i needed a clean sweep and somethign else. The local isntaller, who is very reputable and has been aroudn for over ten years said that was bunk. These guys told me the sub woudl conenct to the factory head without any issues and i was standing there ready to buy whatever else i needed.

Once I told him i had no intentions of goinng to soudn quality contests and all that junk he even told me to save my money and not upgrade the factory door subs or the 6x9 speakers in the doors and package tray. He said the stangs he has doen with teh shaker systme soudn good once you turn the bass down on the factory speakers and get the bass from the sub.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:18 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
not upgrade the factory door subs or the 6x9 speakers in the doors
I disagree with not upgrading the door speakers. It's an easy mod and for $150 or so it's a huge improvement.

Originally Posted by lexustech48
Hey shane, does the factory radio/ Shaker 500 provide an audio out jack for subs?
There is no audio out for the sub.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:40 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
I disagree with not upgrading the door speakers. It's an easy mod and for $150 or so it's a huge improvement.

There is no audio out for the sub.
we will see, should be picking it up soon. I'm no audiophile, i actualyl think the shaker 500 soudns good other than the lack of bass and rattling on bass heavy tracks with the bass turned up enough to get a little bit.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:08 PM
GB2010GT

can't wait for the pictures!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Having a JL Stealthbox and amp instaleld tomorrow