Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Super Charger

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 AM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

cool stuff im just worried about the fact that 600hp is so easily attainable at such a low cost

wonder how many crashes will result (prays for video)
Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Saw there car last month at a mustang show,really looks nice,the one they had there had a one off intake manifold
Old 08-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Vortech posted up pics of their new unit over on modular fords in the 2011 section. Looks nice. No dyno #'s yet...I think they mentioned 550 whp.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Ripper Alpha
1st Gear Member

The simple truth no one wants to admit here IMHO. Is that to get the kind of numbers some of you guys would like to see is going to require some internal work. Lower compression pistons, much stronger rods, and something likely better than standard ARP studs. (Like L19 studs) Then you have an engine thats actually really setup for forced induction. And THEN you can safely take it to stupid high output without having to wonder A. If it can make the power safely in the first place, and B. How long will it realistically last if actually used often.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:35 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^ Yikes.. I'd hate to do that to a new motor... but the numbers it'll produce would be insane.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ripper Alpha
The simple truth no one wants to admit here IMHO. Is that to get the kind of numbers some of you guys would like to see is going to require some internal work. Lower compression pistons, much stronger rods, and something likely better than standard ARP studs. (Like L19 studs) Then you have an engine thats actually really setup for forced induction. And THEN you can safely take it to stupid high output without having to wonder A. If it can make the power safely in the first place, and B. How long will it realistically last if actually used often.
you really shouldn't use the words opinion and requirement in the same post. The fact is they might not know exactly how long the motor will last with that amount of power, but neither do you. Time will tell, but as of now I'd have to say the guys that developed and have tested it probably know a bit more than most.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Wasn't it just recently that a bunch of people were saying that the 5.0s would never handle FI because of the high C/R? I think they've already made alot of progress.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Ripper Alpha
1st Gear Member

^ Thats true, but you can not tell me that engine was intended (as configured) for forced induction. It may have great things like oil squirter's which are common on FI engines. But with the rods and compression it comes with from Ford. That engine is NOT anywhere near optimized for forced induction. That is fact, and thats mostly what I was getting at. Optimize it for forced induction and yes, I think it would be one hell of a monster, and likely way more reliable. And that was my point.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:30 AM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kawasakiguy
Hopefully these don't bring out some fatal flaw in the 5.0 before I have a chance to find a used one in a few years.
Or you can get one now...
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11829

Made a general thread about it in the 2005-2011 Forum.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain1
Wasn't it just recently that a bunch of people were saying that the 5.0s would never handle FI because of the high C/R? I think they've already made alot of progress.
It did exactly as I predicted, about 5-7 lbs. of boost, major decrease in spark advance, and lower than expected torque output. My guess was dead on.

Quick Reply: 2011 Super Charger