Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I finally settled with Ford for Water Leak issues :D!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 AM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Default So I finally settled with Ford for Water Leak issues :D!

I wrote here a while back that I had numerous water leak issues, from the passenger and the drivers side. The passenger side got fixed, but the driver side kept leaking and I had to take the car 11 times to the dealership and the car spent well over 40 days in a shop in the period of 4 years.

They finally found the issues when a Ford Tech came in from Detroit to take a look at it (The car was out of warranty but I had extended warranty and I noticed this issue occurred first in 2007). The conclusion was that the robot wasn't calibrated when it was welding the body and it missed a spot. Ironic. That little spot kept leaking water back in all this time. After I realized that this car will never be the same because of water, I decided to sue Ford. After 5 months or so, we just settled out of court. I'm happy I got some cash since the value of the car without the problems would be so much higher than what I have now.

Also, I decided to sell it. I test drove the new 5.0 today and it is a BEAST of a car. I especially love the back up camera for some reason. I have never seen one designed like that. However, I doubt I try another mustang for a bit now. The RWD doesn't really help a lot in winter, wet conditions. Might look at something with 4 door since people always complained I didn't have enough room (Like I cared at that time). It's a great car, but I was just stuck with something that turned out to be a burden.

I have NO idea what to look for but I know my budget is around 33k or less. I hate the process of selling/buying but I'm glad the water leak issue got resolved.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:29 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Nice persistence...Glad it got worked out
Old 08-05-2010, 09:30 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Have you considered a Ford Edge? Not the Mustang Edge body style, but the SUV. My niece has one and loves it!
What ever you decide, stay in the Ford family.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:32 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
The conclusion was that the robot wasn't calibrated when it was welding the body and it missed a spot. Ironic. That little spot kept leaking water back in all this time.
Where is the "spot" located? I think it could help a lot of folks on here who have the leak TSB.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

glad everything worked out for you in the end. the post would
have much more value, if there were more detail on the missed weld
location.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:46 AM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Good question about the location.

I was told it was near my driver side tire, behind the panel. It was a welding error that left a hole in the chassis. That's as much as information I know. If you have multiple leaks that they can't fix, than you have a hole. They used put a hose in my car and let it run for hours to see where the water was coming from but nothing. It would only leak back in when I drove it through huge puddles, or even just driving through rain. The tire would spit it back through the hole into the car.

I'm sorry I'm not much of help but that's the only explanation I was given. Let me know if i can be of any more help.

As of today, the car is fixed. It doesn't leak anymore since they re-welded the part.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:08 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

taurus sho
Old 08-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

congrats.... also i agree with him^^^
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Glad it all worked out. Always happy when the little guy takes on the big company and wins. I had a similar victory, though I'm sure on a much smaller scale.

I'm sure we all hope you come back to Mustangs eventually. Despite me selling my Saleen, I love the cars and think they're very good despite some of the issues they may have.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Ripper Alpha
1st Gear Member

Not sure what kind of cars you like, but you say 4 door 33k. I instantly think STI or Evo *shrug* Around 300hp fun good handling cars that seat 4.

If your looking for something more economical and don't care about performance of it, i'd say a Ford Fusion.

Quick Reply: So I finally settled with Ford for Water Leak issues :D!