Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What gains would I see from this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 04:17 PM
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

Default What gains would I see from this?

On a stock 07 GT

LT headers, o/r x pipe, SLP axle backs, cai with tune & 3.73 gears?

Im guessing around 40 to the wheels?

Last edited by BeitzelGT; 08-09-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:31 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Loads of low end torque! Gears wont give you HP, which I would imagine you know.

25-35 is my guess.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I think you're being a bit optimistic. Axlebacks don't do squat to add performance as the stock axlebacks flow exceptionally well. I'd figure 30-35 RWHP tops. But ad some cams to those LT's and you're probably looking at 40-50 RWHP with that set-up.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:43 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

^^^^^^ What he said.
Long tubes don't do much with stock cams and you're losing torque on top of that.
Add in the fact that it's a PITA to install, and it's a step backward in my book.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:06 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

with LT's, o/r x pipe, boomtubes, and JLT i had 301 rwhp/ 305 tq.
i've seen others with more than that. i used a canned tune for the JLT, so if you use a custom tune you'll get more.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

so should I hold off on the LT's until I can afford to put new cams in?

I may just go with CAI/Tune, UDP's, gears & exhaust to start with and then save for cams/LT's.... not so much paying for the product as it will be paying to have those 2 installed.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Actually, of those 4, the axlebacks and CAI & tune can be installed by the average moron (like me). The UDP's require an above average moron and the gears a good bit more experience.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Hey Beitzel, I assume you're stationed at Ft Bragg?? If you get the cams, I know a shop here near Camp Lejeune that will install them for $350. You could hang out at our place while you wait.

But either way, LTs by themselves won't do much. Get the cams! You'll LOVE the sound and the power gains! I put down 331 with the same mods plus cams. Another person on here put down 351 with a custom tune. I used a canned tune.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 PM
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lupo222
Hey Beitzel, I assume you're stationed at Ft Bragg?? If you get the cams, I know a shop here near Camp Lejeune that will install them for $350. You could hang out at our place while you wait.

But either way, LTs by themselves won't do much. Get the cams! You'll LOVE the sound and the power gains! I put down 331 with the same mods plus cams. Another person on here put down 351 with a custom tune. I used a canned tune.
Im a little over an hour from Bragg. I joined the Guard and am currently trying to get the paperwork going to go Active duty but it's a real PITA!!

For $350, really?! That seems like a great deal man!! Would I be ok with running new cams with the stock exhaust manifold or would it hold the gains from the cams back?

If not, I may splurg and get them and wait on some of the other mods I want to do, cus the cams do make em sound bad@ss!!!

Thanks for the offer man!! Hopefully I'll have my stang in a month or two and I may just have to take you up on that offer!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Originally Posted by BeitzelGT
Im a little over an hour from Bragg. I joined the Guard and am currently trying to get the paperwork going to go Active duty but it's a real PITA!!

For $350, really?! That seems like a great deal man!! Would I be ok with running new cams with the stock exhaust manifold or would it hold the gains from the cams back?

If not, I may splurg and get them and wait on some of the other mods I want to do, cus the cams do make em sound bad@ss!!!

Thanks for the offer man!! Hopefully I'll have my stang in a month or two and I may just have to take you up on that offer!
Yeaaaaaa....about that....I'll be over fighting the good fight by then lol. Got about a month before D-Day.

As for the stock manifolds, I assume you're talking about the headers, in which case, you'll still see good gains. Not quite as good, but again, if you're looking for a deal, try Boostbrothers.com's headers for our car. I have them on my car and I LOVE them. Install was a bit of a pain (I had it done) but they sound awesome and are extremely well built. And they're only $250 WITH an o/r h-pipe.

With the money you save on long tubes, you could afford the cams hehe

Quick Reply: What gains would I see from this?