Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got $8,500 off MSRP on new 2010 Mustang GT Yesterday

Old 08-16-2010, 11:14 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by f4ifrank
That ain't right!!! 2 Hotrod's? I want 2, too!!
To the left is a 600hp 468 BBC powered 74 Camaro. My parts chaser is a alum head 6"rod 383 stroker powered 99 Suburban with a .535 lift roller cam & 4.10 gears

Old 08-17-2010, 12:21 AM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2011CS
Great deal on your 10 and have fun with it, BUT not even close to the performance of an 11 if truth be told.

They're ALL close!! What, you can do 0-60 a few tenths of a second faster and knock another second of the 1/4 mile? Have fun with your 11 and understand that it's not even close to the performance of the Boss or whatever faster Mustang they come out with in the next three years! Sheesh! Thanks for raining on the parade...or pi$$ing in the cornflakes!

Congratulations heslekrants!! I also picked up a 2010 auto (although it just kills me that I can only do a 4.8 sec 0-60 on street tires with me as the only passenger and a quarter tank of gas...if ONLY I could do it in 4.4 sec ;-) ). I knew full well the 2011's were coming out but couldn't pass up the huge discounts on the 2010's and I actually liked the lowly 4.6L in my 2008 that I traded. I'm your neighbor BTW...pretty easy to spot me in a Grabber Blue 2010 driving around Sherwood.

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Grats on the new Stang. I almost went out to Landmark yesterday, but can't really stand their Saleen people so opted to go to the Woodburn show instead.
I meant to go to the Woodburn show but completely forgot about it...ughhhh!

Last edited by STANGmole; 08-17-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:59 AM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by STANGmole
I'm your neighbor BTW...pretty easy to spot me in a Grabber Blue 2010 driving around Sherwood.
Then you probably know my house. Seems like almost everybody in Sherwood knows my house due to the "few" cars that we have. You should stop by sometime.

I must say I have awesome neighbours putting up with all our cars & all the kids friends's car.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Corporate D
1st Gear Member

Wow great deal OP!! the car looks great, drive the hell out of it!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:22 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

The Woodburn show was . . . oookay. They let me pay for showing my car and then told me it was too late to register lol. And then their parking was full so I had to park right in the middle of the lane. Watching some races was cool, and I was going to stick around until the end of the show and run my Stang, but I couldn't find enough to do to fill the next 4 hours so my GF and I took off and went to the outlets. At least I came home with a new pair of shades.

Last edited by siggyfreud; 08-17-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:26 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by heslekrants
Then you probably know my house. Seems like almost everybody in Sherwood knows my house due to the "few" cars that we have. You should stop by sometime.

I must say I have awesome neighbours putting up with all our cars & all the kids friends's car.
So if I stop by sometime will you give me a ride in the Challenger?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:41 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
So if I stop by sometime will you give me a ride in the Challenger?
Sure but you'll have to bring the Saleen.

We are planning on going to PIR Oct 15 or 16. You should bring the Saleen.

I'm a few years off (maybe?) from adding a supercharger to my Challenger so your Saleen will destroy me now & I'm ok with that. LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 01:01 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Sure but you'll have to bring the Saleen.

We are planning on going to PIR Oct 15 or 16. You should bring the Saleen.

I'm a few years off (maybe?) from adding a supercharger to my Challenger so your Saleen will destroy me now & I'm ok with that. LOL
No worries. From the looks if it your Camaro would destroy the Saleen .
Old 08-17-2010, 02:10 PM
carguygt
2nd Gear Member

Too bad about your bad luck but sounds like FORD took care of you. There's lemons from all makes. Stuff happens.

No dought the 11 is a better car then the 10 overall. Congrats.
Yeah, they did good by me. The 4.6 sounds better and meaner tho. But I have a full headerback exhaust going in saturday am. and a Rouch CAI. so that should help...
Old 08-18-2010, 05:40 AM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

Ha Ha! I was speaking "generally"...meaning I live in Sherwood but probably not in your same neighborhood. I'm sure I would have remembered seeing THOSE cars in the driveway!!

If you're giving out rides in the Challenger though, sign me up! I'd also love to hear in person any aftermarket axle backs that local guys have installed because I'm having an impossible time deciding on which mufflers to get!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got $8,500 off MSRP on new 2010 Mustang GT Yesterday