Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just me or are the 2011 GT's overpriced?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 AM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

unfortunately i think this will be a new trend with every new vehilce coming out. They are keeping demand high right now b/c of the huge interest just like the camaro. If u cant get that out the door for atleast 30k id stay clear. Not to mention the hit u take after u drive it off of the lot but that goes for any car. Its funny what people are willing to pay for a mustang compared to an audi or beamer. Im not a huge fan of those cars. On a side note i have driven nothing but rear wheel drive cars my whole life and live in northern indiana where we do get snow. I have never once put my mustang in the ditch or any other car i have owned. That would be without snow tires too. It just takes knowing your car and paying attention. I do believe the 11's are 6 speed also
Old 08-17-2010, 09:40 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

You're from Northern Virginia, I totally feel your pain!

Why spend so much money on a Mustang where you're can't really drive it here in winter, and you spend so much time in rush hour traffic...not to mention how crappy these cops are around here. You get pulled over for going 2 mph over the limit around here. ugh.

My advice? If you wanna get the car you want, drive SOUTH! Go down to Fredericksburg or Norfolk or down towards that area. You can probably nab the same car for 28K out the door. Cars are a lot cheaper down there than they are in rich and fancy Northern Virginia.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

It doesn't snow enough here to worry about driving a mustang in the snow. We have one big snow storm in ten years and everyone panics. The mustang drives fine in the snow all you that say it doesn't have you really tried it? Va cops do suck but that's no matter what you drive.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:47 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I live in northern VA too and got a great deal on my 2011. As for the cops, I have been pretty lucky but I only drive my car on weekends.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:49 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Yes, the 2011 GT is wayyy overpriced and that's why nobody is buying it right now...

The correct price for the car is what the market is willing to pay. And right now, the market is paying in droves. (myself included) And a $36,000 GT is a pretty optioned out model, unless you absolutely can't live without leather seats, ambient lighting, HID headlights.

From your previous experience and from what you want in a car, it seems that the Audi is a better car for you. Awesome. But don't come on here complaining about something stupid, insightfully informing us that the Mustang doesn't do well in snow, then call us fanboys. In case you haven't noticed, this is a MUSTANG FORUM, of course we're mustang fanboys.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 AM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Analyzer52
It doesn't snow enough here to worry about driving a mustang in the snow. We have one big snow storm in ten years and everyone panics. The mustang drives fine in the snow all you that say it doesn't have you really tried it? Va cops do suck but that's no matter what you drive.
But that one storm makes you miss like 2 weeks of work and it adds up. I had major trouble with my last mustang in a patch of snow. Car wouldn't get out of the parking spot because there was no weight in the trunk for the wheels to roll. Nothing, I kept spinning on about 4 inches of snow spot and nothing else around but dry. Then I put in some weight in the trunk but it made my MPG go down a lot. However, the car was MUCH more stable.

The last guy that posted, what the great deal you got if you don't mind sharing?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:53 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

>Implying you can't ever drive a RWD vehicle in snow ever

>Wants an Audi, assumes "German Engineering" is superior

Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I got a GT California Special for about 33k out the door. Sticker was around 37k.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 AM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by parchisi
Yes, the 2011 GT is wayyy overpriced and that's why nobody is buying it right now...

The correct price for the car is what the market is willing to pay. And right now, the market is paying in droves. (myself included) And a $36,000 GT is a pretty optioned out model, unless you absolutely can't live without leather seats, ambient lighting, HID headlights.

From your previous experience and from what you want in a car, it seems that the Audi is a better car for you. Awesome. But don't come on here complaining about something stupid, insightfully informing us that the Mustang doesn't do well in snow, then call us fanboys. In case you haven't noticed, this is a MUSTANG FORUM, of course we're mustang fanboys.
I have nothing against fanboys, as long as we being fair here. A car is a car. And when you are paying 35k for a vehicle, you have to consider a lot of things. Many of us consider that amount of money for a car to be a lot. So when you buy something, you want to be happy with it. I enjoyed the GT. But I have to factor everything in. Yes the car does suck in snow, at least to me it did. I had MAJOR issues with my mustang. I'm cautious now. Obviously I'm still here trying to get some opinions. There's really no need for fanboys.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:01 AM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain1
I got a GT California Special for about 33k out the door. Sticker was around 37k.
That is a good price. Which dealer if you dont mind?

Quick Reply: Is it just me or are the 2011 GT's overpriced?