Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well im back =]

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:15 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

i have never thought that hood pins looked bad on a vehicle...where the hell did that come from? the only cars i've ever seen hoodpins on were old AMERICAN MUSCLE cars. oh well, to each there own i guess.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:13 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
i have never thought that hood pins looked bad on a vehicle...where the hell did that come from? the only cars i've ever seen hoodpins on were old AMERICAN MUSCLE cars. oh well, to each there own i guess.
I see hood pins on some different cars here and there... especially SRT-4's, at least their American...
Old 08-24-2010, 07:07 AM
rpietro
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bobbob
i was thinking not really a stripe more of two tone i guess is a better descreption, like the hood, roof and trunk top all black with the rest of the car black, maybe some red accents? or follow the upper body line, the one that runs the length if the car? does that make sense its kinda hard to decribe
Is this what you are thinking of. You can "Google, images" it under "Chip Foose Mustang". I'm actually contemplating doing the exact same thing.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by brycerichert
Hey, the butt hurt doesn't stop? If you like your hood pins.. fine. Keep with them. Some of us think they are poser. Don't let it hurt you. If you like 'em.. .just enjoy 'em.... great.

FWIW... if anything, this car needs hoodpins... but it doesn't use them.. get it?

http://www.youtube.com/user/HPFChris.../0/zW5tEedhIGM

Butt hurt?
Why does correting you translate into butt hurt to you?
I really could give a **** what you think about hood pins.
My statement was that hood pins do have a function very often with these cars and that the way you made your comments were rude.
Using statements like "people like you" to members on the forum is outright disrespectful and not only will not gain you points on the forum, but number two will get you banned if you persist on making personal insults to people.

I make comments often to people when they ask for opinions and I think their cars look rice or poser, but I do it in a respectful fashion.
Bottom line is that if you can't take what other people's opinons are about your car, then don't come on the forum and ask. However there is a huge difference in stating your opinion on how a person's car looks to you, and taking your opinion of their car and turning it into a personal remark about them.

I think the back ends of the new Mustangs look like the back of import cars to me.
But I do not turn around and make personal insults to people just because they have a different opinion than I do.
Im sure alot of the new owners think the back ends of the 05-09's look to square to them.
So what... it's opinion.

But as far as me being butt hurt... I think you need to read more carefully, because I could care less about your opinion on how hood pins look.
I was merey stating FACTS about hood pins.

P.S. do you even KNOW what the word poser means?
If the hood pins are used for a function it would be impossible for them to be poser.
I mean come on... use your brain.

If you go and throw a huge *** wing on a car that will never serve a purpose for the car then sure you could say it was poser. But calling something poser when it does exactly what it is intented to do (even if you do not like how it looks) makes absolutely NO SENSE.
Calling something poser when it serves a purpose is just plain ignorance.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 08-24-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:46 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Blacksmoke, let it go...
You're beating up on a dead horse, lol.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I'm just trying to find something to do dangit haha.
I am sick at home and I'm about as bored as I can get lol.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Such a hot button debate! Ok, my two cents:

I'm not taking any sides, but I believe what they are trying to argue is that the cheap, generic hood pins sold at autozone etc. look ricer? Also if you have functional hood pins on a stock OEM hood, it looks ricer as well?

BobBob, it is your car and opinions do count, that's why there are forums ranging on many topics. In the end though, it is completely up to YOU to make the car how YOU want it to look.

My suggestion? Go the two-tone route as that is what you are firmly insisting on. You like the spoiler? That's great, but I would ditch that one and get the one like Hootna has, it flows better with the lines of the car.

P.S.: If/when you do go the two-tone route, whatever you do, do not get "The Midas Touch!" lol.

Last edited by Mr.Bape; 08-25-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:14 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

To the OP, I applogize if my orginal post was harsh (pascal edit) and you are a trooper for hangin in there...good sh*t!
To me there are times to take pics, and times not to. You picked a not so good time, as your car is in transition. Definatley looks like your goin racer so far and if it was me, I would do the following:

Take that spoiler off and find the nearest dumpster...heave it! Just doesn't flow with the lines bro. Try again, like I said...it aint all lollipops and rainbows.
Stripes...black that is!
Got to go lower with those wheels. Coilovers if you can afford them.
Hood with a shaker would be sweet (more black)
Blackout all ext lights
Personally I got no problem with the neon and will look alot better after you drop.

Note on hood pins

On the right stang they are money, and on the wrong rice
Right would be race...stripes, big fat-*** tires, rake front to back (old school, if you will)
Rice would be sleek, lowered, body kit extras, 20's that kind of thing. Putting hood pins on these cars is like taking a crap on a caddy, and if you did well with the body panels...it is not needed, but a trip to the dumpster is!

Note to "namecallers", and you know who u are.
There is a BIG difference where i'm from in commenting on a hunk of metal, and calling a PERSON a name.
Example:
Guy walks up to me and says "could you hack that bitch up alittle more?"
I would respond...really, well thanks for the input guy! (your not gonna please everyone, all the time)
Guy walks up to me and says "your a jackass"
I would respond...bam, right in the kisser! Wanna call my momma something and get punched again pal?
There is a difference ya know? The bitch of it is...some guys are being called names for commenting on a cars appearance. Whos really doing the bashing at this point
It is said that the guy that threw the first punch is usually the guy that lost the arguement...well if words were fists, whats that tell ya?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 PM
brycerichert
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
On the right stang they are money, and on the wrong rice
Right would be race...stripes, big fat-*** tires, rake front to back (old school, if you will)
Rice would be sleek, lowered, body kit extras, 20's that kind of thing. Putting hood pins on these cars is like taking a crap on a caddy, and if you did well with the body panels...it is not needed, but a trip to the dumpster is!
I agree on that... it's really hard to pull of hoodpins... usually they have it all wrong... but in the right condition, it can work, but it is rare... it usually turns out rice.