Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Wondering, is it Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 01:21 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

Default Just Wondering, is it Worth It?

I’m just ‘considering’ selling my (Baby) 2005 GT and I was wondering what its worth? Satin Silver, Manual, IUP, ICAP, Active Anti-Theft, Shaker 1000, Spoiler & Bright Wheels. Here are the mod’s done to my Stang.

Custom Vinyl Stripe Kit
Headrest Embroidered with the Concept Logo
Sequencing Tail Lights
Custom Shift ****, Shift Boot & E-Brake Boot
Tri-Bar Pony Fender Emblems
Ford Racing Hood Pins
Redline Hood Struts
UPR Billet Control ***** & Door Pins

IF, and that’s a Big IF, I sell it, I’d replace it with a Ford F150 King Ranch. I really miss having a truck. I’m working on re-modeling our house and really need a truck. My wife had a truck when I bought the Stang, but she sold it! Plus, it was only a SportTrac, so even that truck didn’t have a big enough bed for some trips to Home Depot! So, do ya’ll think I could get $24,000 for it? It has been Very babied. Never raced it! Stock motor! Heck, she’s only got 8700 miles on it, and it’s had 4 oil changes and the tire rotated already. Currently it has Amsoil 0W30 Full Synthetic in it.

Dave...
Old 08-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Just Wondering, is it Worth It?

OMG....

Your parting with your stang????

Why not have da wife keep it... trade her car out for a truck.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:31 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

OMG....

Your parting with your stang????

Why not have da wife keep it... trade her car out for a truck.
1st PW, I'm ONLY considering it! She dosen't like it the Stang enough to want it. Dosen't care to drive a standard to work as her commute is 90 minutes, each-way! I only drive 9 miles each way, so with gas prices the way they are, I'd be drivng the truck! She has a car now, that is soon going to be our daugthers, who gets her permit next week, EEK! So the wife will also be looking to buy something very soon! Our daugther can't drive the car to school this year, as the school dosen't have enough parking for all of the students, so only Juniors & Seniors can have a parking permit. Angela is only a Sophmore this year! So the wife dosen't have to buy something for maybe a few months, or maybe even hold out til spring? Although I'm sure our daugther will want the car, as much as possible, every weekend! Anyhow, just considering the idea. Like I said, I do need a truck and only a King Ranch will make losing the Stang, a Little easier to take [&:]

Dave...
Old 08-12-2005, 01:47 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I would try to find an older truck to make those trips to Home Depot and keep the stang. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

^^^ What he said...

THAT is what I started thinking... find a nice used Ford Truck... and then you can have both!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:24 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

^^^ What he said...

THAT is what I started thinking... find a nice used Ford Truck... and then you can have both!
Just going to Home Depot doesn't even need to be nice as long as it will carry what you want to carry.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:32 PM
MyFirstPony
1st Gear Member

I'd keep the pony and either buy an el cheapo truck, or rent a truck or van to get big items at HD.

Bottom line, there is NOTHING at Home Depot that would make me want to get rid of my pony for[:'(].
Old 08-12-2005, 02:36 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I would try to find an older truck to make those trips to Home Depot and keep the stang. Just my 2 cents worth.

^^^ What he said...

I know guys, thanks for the advice. I was thinking along those lines, but I really don't want 4 vehicles. I only have a (new) 2-car garage. So, if I get a beater, then we'll will have 4 vehicle in total, once the wife's get something and our daugther gets the car. Dam insurance will kill me. Just insuring my kid is going to cost Big Time. Even with just a rider to add her to the 1 car, it's going to be like another $2000 a-year! Plus, I'd do more then just Home Depot runs, if I had a truck. You know, dump trips on Saturday's, etc... So, IF I was to sell the Stang, Only a 'nice' KING RANCH will make it worth the loss of the Stang. For now, I'll jsut rent a truck for the Depot, if I need to. Did that 2 weeks ago. Not bad, cost me $19.95 for the round-trip.

Dave...

ORIGINAL: MyFirstPony

I'd keep the pony and either buy an el cheapo truck, or rent a truck or van to get big items at HD.

Bottom line, there is NOTHING at Home Depot that would make me want to get rid of my pony for[:'(].
If your trying to build an addition (actually 2) then you'd know, there are MANY things at the Depot I need, that just can't fit in anything but a truck. Try just buying 12' trim, doors, 4x8 sheetrock or 4x8 paneling, NOT easy to due! I know how you feel, but I've got a long way to go, before the house projects are finished. It's a real pain without a truck! Some shots of the work being done! New 2-car with 24' X 30' room over. New 2nd story of main house!
Old 08-13-2005, 05:02 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

24K for a GT with 8K? good deal. The mods you've added won't add anything to the price but they may help it get attention. Post a big ad in the local paper with the photos.
Or just put it on Ebay with NO RESERVE!
Old 08-13-2005, 02:24 PM
MACHINE
1st Gear Member

Sell it for what you bought it for...prices are going up on the 06's and used 05's are actually selling for more than MSRP...

at leats, thats what I found when shooping around for an 05...

Quick Reply: Just Wondering, is it Worth It?