Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transfering Sirius = PITA

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:22 PM
KutenStang
1st Gear Member

Default Transfering Sirius = PITA

I don't remember having this much of a problem transferring my Sirius account the last time I had to do so. Either I'm stuck on hold forever, or I get someone who I can not understand and is not understanding what I want to do. I finally sent a message to Sirius to using their online form to hopefully get this resolved. All I want to do is to move my remaining 2 yrs from my trade-in to my new Mustang. Simple, right?
Sorry, just needed to vent.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Peebz
1st Gear Member

If your new mustang has free service on it currently I would just place your current subscription to Sirius on hold for the remainder of your trial period so you aren't having to pay for months of subscription that you already have free. That's what I did and it was super easy. I did it over the phone, took about 10 min
Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 AM
NCGTPONY
1st Gear Member

I HATE SIRIUS AND XM!!! For several reasons, when XM first came out I subscribed to their service for several years. To cancel it I was on hold for 45 minutes, I gave up and tried again later, on hold for over a hour and I gave up again. So instead of canceling XM verbally, I called the bank and had my debit card # changed. So when my monthly payment was due, they called, asked for me and I said one minute, I'll get him for you, I put them on hold and left the receiver lay there until I heard that they hung up. I did that several times until I finally got tired of them calling then I told them to bug off. Then I later subscribed to Sirius, had them for a couple of years, called to cancel, they wouldn't hear it. After about 15 minutes of hearing offers and me saying NO (lost count of how many times I said NO) I lost it and went postal, I called the idiot on the other line every dirty name in the book and told him NO for the last time and I better not see another charge on my monthly statement. And when I bought my 09 mustang, after the 6 free months ran out, I was called by them at least 3 times a day. Told then NO every time. After several days of that, I told them I was recording this conversation and that they will be hearing from my lawyer if they keep calling. I traded in the '09 for now my '10. My 6 free months run out in September. Waiting for the harassing calls to start again.

Last edited by NCGTPONY; 08-29-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Cusp
2nd Gear Member

What I would do is to go online and access my XM account. Then replace the radio number with the one for the new car. Its the same as if you buy a new receiver.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Cusp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Peebz
If your new mustang has free service on it currently I would just place your current subscription to Sirius on hold for the remainder of your trial period so you aren't having to pay for months of subscription that you already have free. That's what I did and it was super easy. I did it over the phone, took about 10 min
What a great idea. Can accounts be placed on hold online? Maybe I would place mine on hold and release it only for road trips.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:45 AM
KutenStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cusp
What I would do is to go online and access my XM account. Then replace the radio number with the one for the new car. Its the same as if you buy a new receiver.
I tried to do this, but the ESN for the stereo in my car is still under the dealer, so I have to call so they can transfer it to my name and then add on the remaining 1.5-2 years of service that I still have remaining on the car I traded in. Hopefully someone gets back to me from the online request that I made for help/information. I'm hoping that they will call me so that I won't be on hold for another 20 minutes at least.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:22 AM
Peebz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cusp
What a great idea. Can accounts be placed on hold online? Maybe I would place mine on hold and release it only for road trips.
I'm not sure if you can do this online but I did it through the phone. It's nice to put it on hold cause you still retain the time of your subscription without actually having to use it. And when you are ready you can just re-activate it again
Old 08-30-2010, 07:20 AM
KutenStang
1st Gear Member

Got my Sirius service transferred over to my new Mustang. Finally got through quickly and got a customer service rep. that was friendly, easy to understand, and got it done. I guess the key to not waiting forever is to call early in the morning (8:00 am ET). So, now I have my 6 months free plus the remaining year and a half I had on my previous vehicle.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:52 AM
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Lol. I called sirius to get my subscription swapped over from my truck to the 09GT when the 6mos ran out. They told me it was going to be $12 to switch. WTF?! Told me it was standard charge to change radios. Told them forget it, I'll cancel then. The next sentence out of the chics mouth was, "Oh, well then I'd be happy to waive that fee if you continue service." That's more like it. But I feel your pain being on hold for so long.

Lately I've been seeing companies advertise that you'll talk to an actual English as their first language support person when you call in. That's just sad when that's a selling point. That never should have been a problem in the first place, dammit!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:05 PM
KutenStang
1st Gear Member

When I called and finally got it transferred, the guy helping me said that he would waive the $15 fee. I had told him when I called that I was surprised I got through quickly this time. I think between the frustration he heard and the fact that I have had Sirius for many years, he waived the fee. At least there are a few good customer service reps out there yet (and not some guy named Raj in India).