Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best first upgrade for 2010 gt?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:43 AM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

CAI and good tune will wake the car up, it will feel like a whole new Mustang.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Ronn
1st Gear Member

we did 4:10 gears in ours, unbelievable difference in driving around, dont know why they dont come from the factory like this, now when driving around it is snappy, i think they made more of a seat of the pants difference than the cai and tune.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:30 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Intake and tune FTW. It makes these cars fun to drive. You won't regret it.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:32 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ronn
we did 4:10 gears in ours, unbelievable difference in driving around, dont know why they dont come from the factory like this, now when driving around it is snappy, i think they made more of a seat of the pants difference than the cai and tune.
The probably don't offer them from the factory because of highway mileage. Gotta try to appeal to the masses...
Old 09-06-2010, 03:16 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

frst thing i did was exhaust i couldnt stand the car quite. cai and tune is also great for more power. one of my other fav mods was a short throw shifter.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:58 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Hands down....Cai/Tune!!!
AM or Brenspeed will hook you up. I couldn't believe the difference the first time I stomped the gas after I tuned her, I was one of many that said HOLY ****!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:14 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

I am sure i will be the only person here to say this. when i had my 05 I did a tune and CAI and honestly wasn't impressed with the difference. I could tell a little, but I was really meh about it. It was nothing like a different car to me, really felt the same. i was also never, ever able to run the 93 tune even with 93 fuel because of detonation.

It was from a very reputable tuner too so it wasn't junk. I can say this with complete and total honesty because i have been exactly where you are right now. I wished every day I had my 05 that I had gone to a blower first, that is what i recommend wholeheartedly.

When i traded that 05 for my new 10 that is exactly what i did, blower first. You want to talk about a different car, the blower makes it a different car. the 10 roush m90 kit is 4300, the $600 you will spend on a tune and intake will go a long way towards a nice savings account for that. Also, i have seen more than a few stories (I forget where I saw them now sadly) on the 10 stock intake being so much better than the 09 down since it already has a cold air system that the tune alone is almost as good as a tune and CAI together.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah I agree the blower is the best choice for more power up front in a perfect world. Many people dont have $5000-$10,000 to drop right after buying a new car though... and many people don't want to ever drop that kind of money. In nearly every case, the costs go way beyond the blower. Tires, gauges, possible suspension, install costs, etc. I maintain that if thats your plan up front, then why not buy a GT500 in the first place? Not to mention, theres always the ever-present "what if it explodes" factor, that some people can't afford to have happen to a new car.

Last edited by Mudflap; 09-06-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:11 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

So this has been quite the thread. At this point I'm more convinced than ever that going to the 4.10 FRPP gears would be the single biggest change one could make to our car if you were going to stay NA. In reality I enjoy the rush from 0-60 the most and the gears should have the biggest impact to that take off torque. Maybe gears and a tune would be the best money spent.

Last edited by douglasland; 09-06-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

If you're looking for the "easiest" way to get some bang for the buck and great feel and torque on an N/A setup... IMO you need an intake/tune, 4.10 gears, and then if you want to get saucy, an aluminum driveshaft (which makes a big difference too). This is under 2 grand worth of stuff, and the car will be way better than stock without doing anything major to it. Add a couple of mufflers later for a cool sound.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best first upgrade for 2010 gt?