Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best first upgrade for 2010 gt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:51 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by douglasland
So this has been quite the thread. At this point I'm more convinced than ever that going to the 4.01 FRPP gears would be the single biggest change one could make to our car if you were going to stay NA. In reality I enjoy the rush from 0-60 the most and the gears should have the biggest impact to that take off torque. Maybe gears and a tune would be the best money spent.
Well said, the very first thing I did was my roush exhaust but that was only for sound and I knew it was minimal performance gain. Instead of going with an intake and tune I ordered 4.10 gears which should be installed Wednesday to replace my stock 3.31 gears. Best 0-60 I got out of it stock was 5.5 so I'm hoping with the gears I can get it to 60 in 5.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:07 PM
jessejamesiv
1st Gear Member

wow so many suggestions... pretty set on performance now... just what to do, thought about a supercharger, ford racing has superchargers that will not void warranty... cia/tune + gears also a possibility sounds like i need to sit and think about what my overall goal for the care is...
Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 AM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

Personally, I don't see much value in the CAI over stock. If you plan on several more upgrades, a new CAI might make sense. I've had my 2010 GTPremium /Auto 6 months. I ran 14.2 at the local track @ 87F and 1300' elevation. Not bad for a rookie and box stock. I plan on adding a Bama tune. I want to be able to easily switch back to stock when I go to the dealer. (I bought extended warranty to 84 Mo.)

If I just wanted to go really fast once in awhile, I'd just stick a bottle on it and call it speedy!

I just want overall performance to be good.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Either go FI or CAI & tune. The only other non-FI mods to have any significant bang are LT's and cams (WITH the CAI & tune). Both combos together can yield roughly 40-45+ RWHP.

Just the CAI & tune combo on your '10 will put you about dead-even with the '05-09's that have a CAI & tune in terms of RWHP.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:44 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jessejamesiv
wow so many suggestions... pretty set on performance now... just what to do, thought about a supercharger, ford racing has superchargers that will not void warranty... cia/tune + gears also a possibility sounds like i need to sit and think about what my overall goal for the care is...
Anyone else on this site running firefox get warning saying it is an attack site? i posted this once and somehow it didn't show up. Anyway, back to the point.

As for the warranty on the FRPP blowers, it voids the power train warranty from the factory. what you get as a warranty from FRPP is on the blower and damage it causes to the engine if the blower breaks and that is only on the non-intercooled kit the HO kit you get nothing. That means if the blower has a bearing go out and parts break off it and kill your motor you are covered. If you blow the motor, tranny, or clutch and the blower is fine you are on your own.

i spent days talking to FRPP and Roush and several ford dealers on the warranty issue before I bought. they all told me the 12/12 damage caused directly by the blower. Roush on the other hands picks up the entire power train warranty and you get to keep everything just as it was before the blower. something breaks, you take it to any ford dealer, they diagnose, call roush, and fix it. Nothing changes for you.