Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't turn over after flash (07 GT)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Sad state of affairs, it the tuner is responsible it should be on his /her dime?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:39 AM
lbytesxk

Thanks Rick, I won't attempt to do this again until I hook up my SCT read the existing code and verify with TI that that is indeed the one they sent me.
Also the feeding me BS scenario did cross my mind a few times and it is not entirely out of the question, unfortunately we are living in an age where legitimate businesses run by dishonest people.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I don't know who these Tunable Induction guys are, so I won't badmouth them. I will say that in nearly 4 years on this board, that this is the first I've ever heard of them. Their intake looks like a JLT II to me... That said, if they've never experienced or heard of this problem before, then they haven't tuned many Mustangs. While this doesn't happen daily, its not so rare as I'd expect someone providing custom tuning to have never heard of it. Thats a red flag to me personally. If this were my car, I'd be calling Brenspeed or Bama with the code as read by the tuner, and sending them a picture of the intake, and requesting a tune to fix the dilemma.

Last edited by Mudflap; 09-07-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

On a positive note....that is a sweet looking mustang. Hope you get her all fixed up soon.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lbytesxk
Well I asked the gentleman who called from the dealership to verify the "strategy code". He came back with 7ZF1G80A, I told him it should be like a 4 character string, look on the label next to the fuse box, it says KHK2. He said that's the only ECM code he knows of. So much for that. he also made me aware that in most cases people who mess with custom tuners end up having their ECM replaced which costs north of $1,000. Ouch. Now I'm really torn between going back to stock intake and trying the flash again.

I call BS on that one! Most people who mess with custom tunes love their tunes, never have any problems and never go back to stock.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:43 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Am I the only one to think he bricked it by following the bad directions given to him? I mean he pulled fuses and went for a tune?

Have you ever replaced your battery? Stock batteries are notoriously bad and drops in voltage while tuning can kill you ECU.

I would do this, check you battery.
Verify tune is correct strategy code.
Get in car, close doors, shut off radio and AC/Fan.
Shut off anything else in the car that draws power.
Now try to reflash.

If you get a problem again, something is seriously wrong and going to be a lot harder to troubleshoot.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:52 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Am I the only one to think he bricked it by following the bad directions given to him? I mean he pulled fuses and went for a tune?
I was thinking the same thing. Or perhaps the plug was pulled before the flash was complete which will do the same thing.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I was surprised that his directions included pulling the fuses since this was documented as no longer required 2 years ago when I first loaded my tunes. Although, I was told it wouldn't HURT if you did pull them...

Anyway, good input on the issues with low voltage and reminder that the OE battery could cause that, too.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
lbytesxk

Well I finally picked up my car, took it home, hooked up the handheld and read my strategy code.
It is now FOAF0A4, does this seem right? Long way from the KHK2 on the label, although since the dealership reloaded the ECM that most likely changed it, or am I not even close?

Last edited by lbytesxk; 09-07-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 PM
lbytesxk

Originally Posted by JDWalton

Have you ever replaced your battery? Stock batteries are notoriously bad and drops in voltage while tuning can kill you ECU.

I would do this, check you battery.
Verify tune is correct strategy code.
Get in car, close doors, shut off radio and AC/Fan.
Shut off anything else in the car that draws power.
Now try to reflash.

If you get a problem again, something is seriously wrong and going to be a lot harder to troubleshoot.
Wouldn't have indicated an error on the handheld if the battery dies before the flash was complete? My battery is stock but I never had any problem with it, starts right up even in cold weather.

Quick Reply: Car won't turn over after flash (07 GT)