Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can you tell if it's a Roush?

Old 09-09-2010, 02:46 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Speaking of cloned Roushes, there is a guy driving around LA with a brand new Torch Red 2010 "Roush 427R." Had all the right items on it... stripes, louvers, wheels, spoiler, etc. I thought it actually was one... until I looked at the faux gas cap badge on the trunk. Should say "427R", but there was the "GT" badge in all its glory. Guess he could not get the correct "427R" badge since Roush will not sell them.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
SilkyJohnson

LOL, well personally I don't see the point of trying to get you car to cosmetically look like something it's not. Maybe someone could help me out there...

Aside from that, only the stage 3 roush has a super charger right? The first 2 stages are all cosmetic and some suspension work done?
Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

But you never know there are A holes that will steal the badges off your car. I have seen a few folks that got their Stage 3 badges ripped off. Then I bet it would be a royal pain in the rear to get Roush to replace them I figure they would want proof you own the car before they ship a new one out. There is a guy selling stage 3 badges on e-bay and folks paying $80 - $120.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

If you want information on Roush Stangs check out .. www.fnsweet.com

The research page is helpful as it has the models and also the production #s.. kind of cool to be able to see how many others were built same color, interior etc.

www.fnsweet.com/roush-research-data/
Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hootna
Only way to tell... www.roushperformance.com/vin_search.cgi

Dont trust the badges, stickers etc... You can find all the parts eventually to build any version of a Roush. The VIN search will tell you if it is the real deal

Heres a great example.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...fCarsQ5fTrucks

They are saying it is a stage 3 supercharged Stage 2. It is a stage 2 if you look up the vin.. Stage 3 should have the seats stitched Stage 3... instrument cluster say Stage 3... tags under the hood etc and a 3 on the back. These A holes want someone to think you can build one so they can charge a premium. Car is probably worth 20K - 24K.. Stage 3 in the 30K range.

YOU WILL BE SO PROUD OF THIS
Stage 3 Roush — any way you look at it!

Yeah... unless you check the vin search
I'm no expert, but I can tell that's not a real Roush Stage 3 just by looking at it
Old 09-09-2010, 05:05 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hootna
But you never know there are A holes that will steal the badges off your car. I have seen a few folks that got their Stage 3 badges ripped off. Then I bet it would be a royal pain in the rear to get Roush to replace them I figure they would want proof you own the car before they ship a new one out. There is a guy selling stage 3 badges on e-bay and folks paying $80 - $120.
I think if you supply the VIN to Roush, you can get what you need. When I bought my 427R, I needed to have the hood stripes replaced (they were damaged due to the car sitting outside on the lot for over a year). Dealer gave the VIN to Roush, got the stripes no problem. I assume the same could be said for the gas cap badge.

Although where the guy in the Torch Red got the "427R" stripes, I don't know. Maybe he had them made.

Last edited by kenthicken; 09-09-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Roush06GA
1st Gear Member

you can look on your driver side door where they have the vin# sticker. roush puts the serial # sticker there also.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:27 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
I think its funny in that ebay ad how they say in the 100% gaurantee section that the odometer reads 2,522 miles...but the picture of the odometer reads over 25,000 lol
You may want to take a closer look at the picture. There is a decimal in the electronic read out of the mileage. It has less than 2,500 miles on that car.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:34 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

IMO, with Roush, it depends on how far you take it. If you put all the parts on it for stage 1, I think that is fine since they do sell all the parts. It's all body kit and exhaust. Too bad Roush didn't make a better rear valance for '05-'09. You HAVE to get their exhaust system. They changed that with '10+ sigh.

As for trying to pass it for a 427R, etc, then that is being a poser.

You can do VIN # searches on the Roush website. They also have info on there what to look for a true Roush.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:48 PM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

I thought you could identify a Roush because every square inch of hardware has the Roush name on it ;-) -Gotta say Roush on the shifter, on the car, on the dash, on the console button, on the gauges, on the engine cover, on the seats, on, on, on, on, on, on.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How can you tell if it's a Roush?