Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Venting...but i really should be grateful

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:31 AM
Chrome

Default Venting...but i really should be grateful

Put an order on a 2011 GT/CS in black back at the end of May - I was originally told the turn around time would be 6-8 weeks which was just fine with me. My 6 week mark hit - dealer told me original dealer who set up my order is no longer with the company- which is why i had no follow-up - they also told me it will take another month in a half before i get my order - luckily i had not sold my 2007 Pony yet so i still had a car to go around - each week i have had to check in with ford, only to have half my calls returned...i really shouldn't have to follow-up, it would be nice to have a dealer proactivly call me on a weekly basis like they commited to do..regardless, i am stoked for my car to arrive. I was told September 9th as date for my car to get in - I quickly put my V6er on Craigslist and gave that beautiful redfire to a happy buyer...Checked in on the 9th - told will be next week. I'm car-less now - checked in today and apparently its on a train in michigan and will head to salt lake where it will then be placed on a truck to my town in Idaho. Regardless still stoked to have my car so i'll put aside any negative feelings - lets face it, Ford has a monopoly on me for making the best cars out there..

My Question is: who can tell me the process of shipment, train to truck to dealer...how long does it normally take. Dealer was saying some stuff about taking 5 days from it arriving in Salt lake to be unloaded and driven down and that they needed a day to detail it and make it look nice..

Any recommendations?

I appologize for any negative talk - i really am just excited and tired of waiting...that and it is 2 in the am...Thanks guys, i love this board!

-Chrome
Old 09-14-2010, 08:08 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I don't have an answer for you, but I have to agree that the waits on these things are ridiculous. This friday will mark 12 weeks since I put my order in, and my dealer is being REALLY generic about how long this upcoming process is going to take. Worst part is that just like yours, the dealer has been misleading in that he would keep saying predicted dates, and each time it would represent not when the car is getting to me, but when it hits another step in this 50 step process lol.

I'm dying to get my 5.0 =(
Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

i don't know why so many people ordered them when they are readily available on the lot. Especially a GT/CS which isn't really all that customizable anyway. It's worth the wait though so enjoy.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the purchase, but I gotta ask why you didn't go online to find a dealer that had one in stock?
Old 09-14-2010, 01:54 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain1
i don't know why so many people ordered them when they are readily available on the lot. Especially a GT/CS which isn't really all that customizable anyway. It's worth the wait though so enjoy.
Grabber Blue is a very rare color it seems around the Chicago area, even extending a few hundred miles away. That was the reason for me.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:04 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Grabber Blue is a very rare color it seems around the Chicago area, even extending a few hundred miles away. That was the reason for me.
Gotcha. Makes sense.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Chrome

good question...living in Idaho I have only seen one california special in red at a lot...this has been since I started following what dealers had in stock back in March...May came...no Inventory I liked...I wanted a black gt/cs as my first gt mustang..(I have driven a V6 for the past 3 years)..with 3.73 gears...confort package..and a few appearence items so I placed my order... It also is pretty damn cool being able to custom order your own car...I won't lie ...I just wanted to know if anyone knows the shipping process from the factory.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:06 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

It takes forever. Be patient and it is totally worth it.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:51 AM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
I haven't seen any 2011 Grabber Blue Mustangs on lots yet...it it ultra-rare this year or what?
Old 09-15-2010, 02:34 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Be patient bro (I know it's hard)!!

Quick Reply: Venting...but i really should be grateful